Preview button

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Hoptoad

Preview button

Post by Hoptoad »

Please add a PREVIEW button.

When I use the shortcut key, I have to let go of my coffee mug.

Thank you for all your hard work on Moho. It gets easier to use with every update, which I truly appreciate.
Greenlaw

Re: Preview button

Post by Greenlaw »

Hoptoad wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:21 pm Please add a PREVIEW button.

When I use the shortcut key, I have to let go of my coffee mug.
Do you mean Ctrl-R? If so, try my MQC panel. It has a button called Prev for this. There's also a button called Prev Anim+, which improves a little on the standard Preview Animation command.

Coincidentally, I made this button panel so I wouldn't have to put down my coffee mug. :D

MQC for 13.5 works for Moho 14, but some of the buttons are probably redundant now. For example, an official Design Mode button can now be found under the workspace window. When I have time, I may update MQC to include some new buttons.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Sun Sep 17, 2023 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hoptoad

Post by Hoptoad »

Greenlaw wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:34 pm Do you mean Ctrl-R? If so, try my MQC panel. It has a button called Prev for this. There's also a button called Prev Anim+, which improves a little on the standard Preview Animation command.
I use Ctrl-R a lot - but mostly when a character is close to finished and I'm making small adjustments to the vector art and I want to see how it truly looks. I'll move a point slightly, then Preview, then move the point a little more, then Preview. . .

Unfortunately, your nifty MQC panel doesn't work on Mac. (I haven't tried in a few years, but it didn't last time I checked.)

Greenlaw wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:34 pm Coincidentally, I made this button panel so I wouldn't have to put down my coffee mug. :D
Ha! I quit drinking coffee for several months, but started again yesterday when a house guest asked for a cup of coffee, so I made a pot. Now it looks like I'm back drinking coffee. I've had 4 cups today.
Greenlaw wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:34 pm MQC for 13.5 works for Moho 14, but some of the buttons are probably redundant now. For example, an official (Design Mode button can now be found under the workspace window. When I have time, I may update MQC to include some new buttons.
If you update the MQC panel, include a button that makes it work on a Mac. :wink:
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Hoptoad wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 7:01 pm If you update the MQC panel, include a button that makes it work on a Mac. :wink:
Ha, ha...it's been a long time but I used to be a hardcore Mac user, starting with my 512k 'Fat Mac' way back in 1985. That device cost me an arm and a leg, but it helped put me on the career path I wanted, and it was still a lot cheaper than going to college. (Not that schools anywhere near me offered digital art and computer animation courses in 1985.) :D

I used Auto Hotkey for Windows to create MQC, and I imagine Mac has comparable macro programs. Alternatively, if you have a Wacom tablet, there is an on-screen buttons panel built into the Wacom software. I used to use this with Moho before making MQC, but I needed many more buttons than what the Wacom panel provided. If you don't need too many buttons, it works great.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

I was also a heavy user of Ctrl+R while working on the art. I ended changing the shortcut to shift+ R to make it easier to press with just the left hand. I tried to make it just the R but Moho didn't allow me to do that. Now I think I will preview much less with the new pretty graphic engine.