Unable to change project settings

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

An790

Unable to change project settings

Post by An790 »

I am really up to a VERY bad start. Used my first 20 min with Moho 14 adjusting project settings without any success so far. I want 1080x1920, but Moho just resets itself to 3403x1914 no matter what. At least this did work in 13.5. Am I alone with this? How do I work around this?

After some weeks with 13.5 I got so tired of Moho, that I gave up on it, nothing worked as expected. I now paid for the upgrade in the hope that things would work better, but seems it got even worse. I am *very* frustrated with the wasted time.
Daxel

Re: Unable to change project settings

Post by Daxel »

That's strange. It doesn't happen here. I think, however, that I noticed some setting being reversed but a general setting, not in the project settings.

Try to have patience. Even if this version is newer, it is a major version that introduces many changes so usually these versions have more bugs, not less, at least at launch. Then they release patches and fixes.

Don't forget to report to lostmarble support so they can tell you what's the problem and if it is a bug they can fix it on the next patch.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

Try the following:

file / project settings
choose the 1080p (HD TV) from the dropdown
if you want that for all your projects press "save as default"; if just this one, skip this step.
press OK.

Does that work for you?

If not - are you PC or Mac? Pro or Debut? Demo mode or full licence?

If/as 13.5 did not work for you, it's possible that there are problems with access permissions for the file that holds all this stuff (including project width / height). We can go there next if necessary.
An790

Post by An790 »

After some more trying and deleting everything 13.5, it out of a sudden worked as it should, including setting the default project setting.

I actually had problems with setting overall preferences as well, I had to set the default file setting several times and close and restart Moho to get rid of the default file with the gorilla. It worked after about 4 times.

Then I eventually progressed to trying to animate something, in my case the camera in z. It did not work before closing and restarting Moho several times, it just would not accept the z setting and revert back to some strange value.

There IS something really wrong with Moho. This will affect all sorts of things and make everything unpredictable. There obviously is a lack of systematic testing and quality control. Always has been for as long I have been a user. Stuff only works if you do things exactly as the devs always do when "testing". Heck, it was like this even with the upgrade page, it required several times trying to input the old serial before it worked.

I am on a M1 Mac with Ventura.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

An790 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:56 am After some more trying and deleting everything 13.5, it out of a sudden worked as it should, including setting the default project setting.
That's good to know. Maybe the 13.5 config files were affecting Moho 14 somehow.

Are you having issues after fixing that?