Uninstall Moho 13.5.5 after installing Moho 14.

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Oldwolf73

Uninstall Moho 13.5.5 after installing Moho 14.

Post by Oldwolf73 »

Hello,

Can I or should I uninstall Moho 13.5.5 after installing Moho 14? Trying to do some cleanup on my PC.

Thanks
Mark
Daxel

Re: Uninstall Moho 13.5.5 after installing Moho 14.

Post by Daxel »

If you are still learning or using it as a hobby it may be less important, as Moho 14 seems to be already in a decent shape and usually we got many updates with bug fixes and improvements after launch.

However, it is usually not recommended to uninstall the previous stable and battle tested version if you are in a professional context where you may get in trouble having only a fresh launched major version that may have unpredictable problems. This is usually valid for any professional software.
Oldwolf73

Post by Oldwolf73 »

Nothing mission critical. Just personal entertainment.
Thanks Daxel.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

There's no harm in keeping multiple versions of Moho on a computer because the installer allows you to install to separate folders. I even run different versions of Moho at the same time and have never had an issue with conflicting resources. As for disk space, Moho is a relatively compact installation compared to some other animation programs.

At this time, I like to keep Moho versions 12.5, 13.5.5, and 14.0 installed. Version 12.5 because it's a solid release, and most of my work was done using that release. I still occasionally use it at my workplace; version 13.5.5 because it has significant advantages over 12.5 and is now very stable; and, of course, version 14.0 because it's the latest shiny version.

As with any point-oh release, using the first release is risky for real production work, but I'll use it for some of the newest features like Liquid Shapes. These days, I'm definitely playing with version 14 more than the others. :D