MOV files in Moho

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

TheFugglys

MOV files in Moho

Post by TheFugglys »

I’m wondering if anyone can answer this question. I want to take a video of a live action head/face that has been keyed so that you have just the head with a transparent background. I want to then link this video head to a character so that I can animate the figure as usual, only the video of the head will be linked to the character’s bones. Can you do this in Moho? I can do this in Realusion’s Cartoon Animator by importing the video as a prop and then linking the video prop to the character’s neck bone. I haven’t purchased Moho yet as this function is critical to my project and I want to be sure I can do it. Since Reallusion dumped support for Mac users, I’ve been exploring alternative software packages. Moho is amazing, but I want to be sure I can work with video like this. Thanks!
SimplSam

Re: MOV files in Moho

Post by SimplSam »

The answer is Yes - you can squish, squash, transform and bind to bones. Video is pretty much treated as a sequence of Images in Moho, and you will find many examples in Moho where images (PSDs, PNG, JPG) are manipulated by Bones / SmartBones & Meshes.

You can also download a free trial of Moho at: https://moho.lostmarble.com/pages/try
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
TheFugglys

Post by TheFugglys »

Thanks for your reply! I would have tried the free trial, but unfortunately the trial “Cannot import any external file formats including images and movies” so I couldn’t try a MOV file to see if it would work. I’ll go ahead and buy it now and give it a whirl! Thanks again.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Yes, you can import mov files with alpha into Moho 14 :)
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel