MR Pose Tool 2.0

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Daxel

Re: MR Pose Tool 1.0.3

Post by Daxel »

As this tool does what the Manipulate Bones tool does and more, I changed the shortcut for the Manipulate Bones tool to pick the Pose Tool instead. But soon I saw that the Pose Tool doesn't work to test rigs on frame 0 like the Manipulate Bone tool does, so I have to pick this one manually each time or set up an extra shortcut for it. Making the Pose Tool work on frame 0 is probably a lot of work, but it would be nice if the Pose Tool detected if the user selected it on frame 0 and then activated the Manipulate Bones tool instead. Sounds simple but I don't know if the API allows that.
KuzKuz

Post by KuzKuz »

Daxel wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 5:32 pm As this tool does what the Manipulate Bones tool does and more, I changed the shortcut for the Manipulate Bones tool to pick the Pose Tool instead. But soon I saw that the Pose Tool doesn't work to test rigs on frame 0 like the Manipulate Bone tool does, so I have to pick this one manually each time or set up an extra shortcut for it. Making the Pose Tool work on frame 0 is probably a lot of work, but it would be nice if the Pose Tool detected if the user selected it on frame 0 and then activated the Manipulate Bones tool instead. Sounds simple but I don't know if the API allows that.
Hello, I'm glad that you are using my tool. I will look into what functionality I can make available in the zero frame.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

I believe frame zero manipulate bone testing is tied to the LM tool name. So, if I remember correctly, you can only duplicate it with a tool that has the same name.
Otherwise, to duplicate the behavior, you might try having the tool temporarily jump to a negative frame.
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

This is a really great tool - with lots of useful features.

Another vote for frame zero functionality.

One thing I ended up doing was moving the 'hotspots' - as I kept on picking the wrong one. I think this also works better with - muscle memory. A bit of a squeeze on small bones, but otherwise OK.

Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
KuzKuz

Post by KuzKuz »

SimplSam wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:21 pm This is a really great tool - with lots of useful features.

Another vote for frame zero functionality.

One thing I ended up doing was moving the 'hotspots' - as I kept on picking the wrong one. I think this also works better with - muscle memory. A bit of a squeeze on small bones, but otherwise OK.

Thank you, can you send me the modified code? I will add it to the script and make it optional.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

I was used to A. Evseeva mod of the transform bone tool and didn't notice that the relative animation doesn't actually work with bones in the original transform bone tool. I find this feature very useful and specially with bone animation, I don't know why the original tool doesn't support it. Would it be possible to add that feature to this amazing Pose Tool?

This is the script with the feature:
https://mohoscripts.com/script/ae_transform_bone
KuzKuz

Post by KuzKuz »

Daxel wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 5:47 pm I was used to A. Evseeva mod of the transform bone tool and didn't notice that the relative animation doesn't actually work with bones in the original transform bone tool. I find this feature very useful and specially with bone animation, I don't know why the original tool doesn't support it. Would it be possible to add that feature to this amazing Pose Tool?

This is the script with the feature:
https://mohoscripts.com/script/ae_transform_bone
I was thinking of adding this for basic Translation, Scale, and Rotation. For other transformations, I'm not sure how it will turn out.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

KuzKuz wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:10 pm
I was thinking of adding this for basic Translation, Scale, and Rotation. For other transformations, I'm not sure how it will turn out.
Yeah the mixed transformations sound complex. But having the basic ones would be cool enough so we don't have to keep both scripts.
KuzKuz

Re: MR Pose Tool 1.1

Post by KuzKuz »

Hello, I've updated MR Pose Tool to version 1.1.
New features:

1. The Lock handles option allows you to always display handles only for the selected bone. This will be very convenient when you need to focus on a single bone without constantly pressing Ctrl.
2. The Align handles along bone option allows you to choose how handles will be displayed on the bone. Also, now you can adjust the distance between handles.

https://mohoscripts.com/script/mr_pose_tool
mohgirl

Post by mohgirl »

thanks!
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

That's amazing! I was sometimes intuitively selecting bones to see only their handles even before that worked like that haha so I will enjoy that feature a lot.
KuzKuz

Post by KuzKuz »

Thanks! Updated the script. Fixed a bug, now you can edit the bone's path when Lock handles mode is enabled.
KuzKuz

Re: MR Pose Tool 1.2

Post by KuzKuz »

MR Pose Tool Update 1.2

Change List:
1. Improved Lock Handles mode, now there's no need to deselect the current bone to select another.
2. Enhanced Align Handles Along Bone mode, now the handles do not overlap each other when the bone on the screen is small in size. This works only when all four handles are active.
3. Added the ability to customize the color and transparency of the handles.
4. Added Highlight Bones option which draws a line along the bone under the cursor, making it easier to identify which bone you will select when you click.
5. Added Double-click to Reset option, allowing you to disable this feature if it interferes.

Download link - https://mohoscripts.com/script/mr_pose_tool
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

This tool is simply too awesome, Eugene! Personally, I also like to use stroke-based kind of limbs as much/far as possible and sometimes one wonder if rigging such limbs will actually bring more drawbacks than benefits while animating after all... Well, among much other things, this tool solves that question at a stroke :). So, thank you so much for all the hard work and for continuing to make it (even) better.
KuzKuz

Post by KuzKuz »

Thanks! Please re-download the 1.2 version, I've made several hotfixes.