Transform Points problem

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

ZeroAbility

Transform Points problem

Post by ZeroAbility »

I have a recurring issue with the Transform Points tool in Moho 13.5.5.
Looking for help, solution or cause. Thanks.

The current issue is happening on Frame 599:
There are keyframes for Point Motion and Point Curvature at Frames 591 and 605. So, both before and after the current frame.
I select a Vector Layer and choose the Transform Points tool with the intention of moving some points on the layer.
As soon as I click any point, the entire shape changes and a new Point Motion keyframe appears.
The new shape is not random, it exists elsewhere on the same timeline, before Frame 591, but it is not the shape from the previous keyframe,
and it is not the Frame Zero shape either. It is also not a keyframe from the clipboard.
Once this happen the points on the layer are no longer editable in any way.

There are no bones or smart actions in the project.
The Vector Layer in question is a Mask Layer.

This problem doesn't happen in every project, but it does seem to happen quite regularly.
The only way to fix it (but only temporarily) is to delete the entire layer and copy/paste it from a previously version of the file.

Does anyone know why this is happening?
ZeroAbility

Re: Transform Points problem

Post by ZeroAbility »

Here's a short video of the problem.

Last edited by ZeroAbility on Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

That is strange. I don't seem to have any notes about this problem. Could be related to bezier handles as I don't normally use them.

Have you tried fixing negative keyframes? It doesn't look like that's the problem but who knows.

Let's hope someone can help us know what's happening. Sharing the file usually helps. You can delete everything except the problematic layer.
ZeroAbility

Post by ZeroAbility »

The vector object does use bezier handles, yes. Hmm.

I'm not sure what you mean by negative keyframes. Some layers have been moved in the Sequencer.
Do you mean fixing keyframes that may appear before the beginning of that layer's start frame in the sequencer?
I'll have to check, but it is possible I have keyframes like that.
ZeroAbility

Post by ZeroAbility »

OK, I did have a keyframe on frame 1, but the layer begins at frame 13 in the Sequencer.
I deleted that keyframe but it didn't make any difference.
I also deleted ALL keyframes except for the ones just before and just after where I want to add a new one. No difference. Problem still occurs.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

No, I mean negative keyframes that are keyframes placed before the 0 frame independently of the sequencer. It happens rarely and causes corruption and problems. It is easily fixable thanks to a script made by synthsin75. You can try it here:

https://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32714

Deleting things (keeping a backup) it's also a good way of reducing the possible causes of the problem, like you are doing. Maybe you can try deleting the previous or the next keyframe, or only the curvature keyframes, and see what happens.
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

I have just seen similar bad behaviours on a smaller scale in 13.5.5 with a single layer with a shifted sequence, where I get to a state where I cannot move the points in the later frames, but It's OK on shifted 'frame 0'

Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
ZeroAbility

Post by ZeroAbility »

Thanks Daxel. I will try that script.

I managed to get my scene finished from my backup. I was just doing final tweaks to it anyway.
I had to do some fudging to get there. It's not perfect, but it's good enough.
The 2D frames from Moho are part of a 3D Blender scene and moving all the time, so I'll get away with what I have in this case.
Thanks for your help.

SimplSam, yes, that looks like something I have experienced as well.

Here's a clip of the end result...

Daxel

Post by Daxel »

SimplSam wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:35 am I have just seen similar bad behaviours on a smaller scale in 13.5.5 with a single layer with a shifted sequence, where I get to a state where I cannot move the points in the later frames, but It's OK on shifted 'frame 0'
Ah that looks like the most probable cause. I almost never use the sequencer (I just move the keyframes) so it makes sense that I didn't see it. I will add it to my notes.

ZeroAbility wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:16 am
Here's a clip of the end result...

That looks very cool!