How to stagger layers on the Timeline?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

EricTheFish

How to stagger layers on the Timeline?

Post by EricTheFish »

I've searched the forum and the usual script sites but not found a solution yet.
I'm looking for a method to stagger the start point of a group of selected layers for example:
1. pick several layers
2. offset the start point by a specific number of (x) frames
3. each layer start point will then be offset from each other sequentially by the specified (x) value

I thought SimplSam's Layer Sequencer script might do it, but unless I'm wrong, I think it only works one one layer at a time.
EricTheFish
Artist, musician, animator, coder and dabbler in stuff
www.tech-nique.co.uk
SimplSam

Re: How to stagger layers on the Timeline?

Post by SimplSam »

Not sure what you are trying to do overall - but have you had a look at https://mohoscripts.com/script/sz_layer_copies? It is very focussed on infographic animations with Moho and allows you to set layer timeline offsets, but with layer copies.
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
EricTheFish

Re: How to stagger layers on the Timeline?

Post by EricTheFish »

Hi Sam, I already have your brilliant Layer Copies script which makes animated arrays of objects so easy!

What I am trying to achieve is to have a bunch of individual existing layers, each with different content and to be able to stagger the start point of each layer along the timeline by a set amount of frames between them.
I have a script called RIFT for After Effects which lets you manipulate in/out points for selected layers along the timeline, I was hoping to be able to do something similar in MOHO.
EricTheFish
Artist, musician, animator, coder and dabbler in stuff
www.tech-nique.co.uk