Checking Debut Compatibility from Pro?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

RedAngelSophia

Checking Debut Compatibility from Pro?

Post by RedAngelSophia »

I am running Moho Pro. Is there a way that I can check to see if a puppet that I am building is compatible with Moho Debut?

(Even though I run Moho Pro - there is a possibility that that puppet might, in the future, need to be used by someone who uses Debut.)
SimplSam

Re: Checking Debut Compatibility from Pro?

Post by SimplSam »

You can switch your Pro version to run as Debut by selecting: Edit > Preferences > ☒ Run as Moho Debut, and then restarting Moho. Then do the opposite to return to Pro.
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

If you run Debut it will load and run moho files with most (all???) Pro features. What you can't do is access tools / settings that are Pro only from the UI.

e.g. smart mesh is used in the Kukulkan character (library Moho 12) and you can manually edit the mesh (Transform Point tool) but I think you can't create or assign a warp mesh from the Debut UI.

so it depends on what you mean by
RedAngelSophia wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:50 am that puppet might, in the future, need to be used by someone who uses Debut.
Minor / inconsequential mods - or just "run as is" -- no worries; major re-architecting -- probably hard / impractical to do.
RedAngelSophia

Post by RedAngelSophia »

Thank you very much, both of you!!! I have not yet had a chance to try what you suggested - but I plan to do so —- and I expect that it can solve a great problem. :-)