Vitruvian Bone - shows both

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Gaston

Vitruvian Bone - shows both

Post by Gaston »

Hi,
I want to create a Vitruvian Bone with a leg. So I've draw two legs and binded them to two Leg-Bones.
I've create a Vitruvian Bone. It seams to be allright - the first bones is show. When I change the bone with "alt-C" the Vitruvian Bone shows the first and the second leg.
But I want see only the second leg.
striker2311

Re: Vitruvian Bone - shows both

Post by striker2311 »

Gaston wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:22 am Hi,
I want to create a Vitruvian Bone with a leg. So I've draw two legs and binded them to two Leg-Bones.
I've create a Vitruvian Bone. It seams to be allright - the first bones is show. When I change the bone with "alt-C" the Vitruvian Bone shows the first and the second leg.
But I want see only the second leg.
If it is same rig that you had provided me in this forum (https://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewto ... d7ee59ac13), then connect the parenting in the following order-
leg R target->B12->B11->B10->B1

Leg R2 target->B21->B20->B19->B1

Remember, the Vitruvian bones will properly work if all the bones (which are flexi-binded with the layer) of the particular layer are connected together properly through a structured parenting.

Hope this helps.
Gaston

Post by Gaston »

I don't test it, but it sounds good.

kenchtahm

Post by kenchtahm »

striker2311 wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:54 pm (which are flexi-binded with the layer)
Just had this same problem when playing with Vitruvian bones for the first time -- this is the most important step with Vitruvian bones. If the layer isn't flexi-binded, it doesn't disappear. Likewise, if the bone isn't part of a parent chain (target bones for IK, etc), even if the bone is part of the flexi-bind selection, the bone stays visible (unless there's something I don't know?)
Matt Schneck - Lead Animator, Peacock Kids
My Animation Reel | "It's School" on Peacock Kids
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Vitruvian Bones requires Use Selected Bones For Flexibinding so it understands which layers belong to each bone group. BTW, Bind Layer can also be used with V-bones for the same reason. In fact, you can even combine the two methods for V-bones if it makes sense for the rig.

Tip: It helps to give the root bone of each group a unique identifying name. This makes it easier to know which group to select during animation.

Hope this helps.
kenchtahm

Post by kenchtahm »

Didn't know that about bind layer, great to know!
Matt Schneck - Lead Animator, Peacock Kids
My Animation Reel | "It's School" on Peacock Kids