In Too Deep

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

RigTheory

In Too Deep

Post by RigTheory »

Hello again Animation Fam. It's been many moons since my last post, and I'm sorry for that.

I started using Moho late last year and began a major project shortly afterwards.Thanks to this AMAZING community I was able to transfer a lot of my AnimateCC rigging expertise over to Moho and I was super excited about where I could go with it. Unfortunately, the scope of the project was too far beyond the size of the team and my abilities and I left the project. Another studio was hired to finish the work and reset the character designs and rigging in AE. I will spare you the rest of the grisly details :(

During the character development and rigging stage we came up with a really expressive feature set for the rig. I wanted to fully document and share the rigs that were built using this recipe, but not only is the project still in production, I don't feel right about showing off work that won't be a part of the show.

But I wanted to share something... :)

For fun, I started working on a new set of characters that will show off my rigging recipe but I'm probably a few weeks away from that being done. I have such a ways to go, so I'll try to keep at improving the efficiency of my dolls (puppets)

Do any of you have favorite, "Go to" recipes for your rigs?

-Law
If it's not moving it's probably dead. WE NEED ANIMATION!

Re: In Too Deep

Post by amanandink »

Interesting stuff, looking forward to the next post, I'm always fascinated at different peoples approaches to rig interfaces. On the last project we tried symbols for the first time, as we had a multi country crew