Camera & smart bone action not work together

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Jmmk

Camera & smart bone action not work together

Post by Jmmk »

When you make a key frame of camera movement lets say frame 10 and then make a smart bone and enter the action of smart bone and then go to any frame you cant move the point in there position correctly because the camera key frame effect the smartbone action so in order to work correctly you have to disable it every time and thats annoying
Greenlaw

Re: Camera & smart bone action not work together

Post by Greenlaw »

Can you post an example?

I suspect what you're seeing is some other conflict because there should not be a connection between the camera and a Smart Bone Action. The Moho camera stands alone as a unique Moho object and Smart Bones affect only items that fall under their own Bone group.

In other words, if you're trying to control camera animation using a Smart Bone Action, you can't. (Well, not directly anyway.)
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

Yes, I've had this problem too. It looks like a bug and swims like a bug.

The replication process has been edited because as hayasidist noted it wasn't working:

To replicate it create a shape. Group that vector layer in any group layer (bone, normal group, it doesn't matter). Then move the camera on frame 6 for example. Now select the shape's vector layer and create an action (can be any kind of action) and now go to frame 6 and try to select the points of the shape. You won't be able to, because even if the shape looks like it's on that place, for moho the points are not there. You can try to guess where they are and they can be selected.

Workarround: go to the main timeline and disable (click on the green point to turn it red) the camera channel. You can enable it later.

Let's hope it will be fixed for Moho 14.
Last edited by Daxel on Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

I'm not seeing this (Win 10, 13.5.5)

maybe I misread the "steps to reproduce"?

This is what I did:
- new file
- vector shape create on frame 0
- deselect all points (esc)
- go to frame 6: move and zoom camera
- open action window and click new action (new regular action created)
- click in the shape -> all points selected as expected
- frame 1 of action - reset all points
- frame 50 of action - translate points
- in action window: select "go to mainline"; there go to frame 6
- deselect all points (esc)
- click in the shape -> all points selected as expected
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

hayasidist wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:14 am I'm not seeing this (Win 10, 13.5.5)

maybe I misread the "steps to reproduce"?
No, you are right, I missed a crucial step because I didn't know it mattered: you need to group the vector layer into a bone or a group layer. I edited my previous post.

So the way the camera works with the actions right now (13.5.5) is:

If you are working with a non parented vector layer, the camera will affect the position of its points inside actions, and you will be able to see the position correctly, which I don't know if is the intended behaviour because that can be very annoying.
If you are woking with a parented vector layer, the camera will still affect the position of its points inside actions, but you won't be able to see the position correctly, which is worse and clearly a bug.

The behaviour I think would be ideal:

When you create an action, the camera of the main timeline doesn't have any effect inside the action. And you can animate the camera inside the actions if you want. That way you can save complete shots with their animation and cameras as actions, and you can also create a library of your best/most used camera animations and reuse them whenever you like. Ideally with this bug or limitation fixed aswell:
https://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewto ... 47#p211147
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

yeah -- with the group layer, the bounding box for the selected points inside the action is screwed up.... problem noted.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

Daxel wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:17 am So the way the camera works with the actions right now (13.5.5) is:

If you are working with a non parented vector layer, the camera will affect the position of its points inside actions, and you will be able to see the position correctly, which I don't know if is the intended behaviour because that can be very annoying.
If you are woking with a parented vector layer, the camera will still affect the position of its points inside actions, but you won't be able to see the position correctly, which is worse and clearly a bug.

The behaviour I think would be ideal:

When you create an action, the camera of the main timeline doesn't have any effect inside the action. And you can animate the camera inside the actions if you want. That way you can save complete shots with their animation and cameras as actions, and you can also create a library of your best/most used camera animations and reuse them whenever you like.
I'm pleased to inform you all that this seems to be fixed.

Do we have any official list of fixed bugs?