jump from frame 0 to frame 1

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Gakk42

jump from frame 0 to frame 1

Post by Gakk42 »

https://streamable.com/m5go4d

The eye brows just leap when i go to frame 1. Why is that happening?
Lukas

Re: jump from frame 0 to frame 1

Post by Lukas »

Does it still pop after you clear all animation from the document?

Menu > Animation > Clear Animation > From Document

If the eyebrow now doesn't plop anymore from 0 to 1, you know it's simply animated that way. Remember, everything tweens from frame 0, even if there's no key on frame 1, it might be on it's way to a key farther away.

If the jump is still there after clearing animation from the document, you know it's a problem with how your smartbones are set up.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

When you create a smartbone, sometimes your smart action contains a frame where your smartbone is on its design angle (its initial angle, the same it has on frame 0). If this is the case, you need to be sure that the keyframes of every other animated element in that frame are a replica of how they are on frame 0, otherwise you are giving moho two different orders for the same smartbone angle and the consecuence usually looks like what it's happening to your project: smartbones are inactive on frame 0, but when you move to frame 1 they activate the keyframes they have for their current angle value.
Hoptoad

Post by Hoptoad »

I make the same mistake from time to time. If I recall correctly, this is the fix. . .

Go into the smart bone action -- the exact action that is the reason why something is now moving on frame 1.
Copy the keyframes on frame 0 to frame 1.

If that's not the answer, it's pretty close.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

If the problem is what I mentioned, then the solution would be to copy the keyframes from frame 0 and paste them in the frame of the smartaction where the smartbone is on its default angle. Sometimes, for those smartbone dials with double direction, the smartbone goes through its default angle arround the middle of the smartaction.