I can't enter or save my serial number

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

animas3D

I can't enter or save my serial number

Post by animas3D »

Good evening, or afternoon, wherever you are.

I have been working on a project on my laptop where I am running a copy of Moho. Now I want to switch over to my desktop machine which didn't have a copy of Moho on it.

I went to the Moho site and downloaded the exe file Moho1355_Win.exe and installed it on my computer.

When I ran the program for the first time, I was prompted to either run the software in demo mode, or enter the serial number.

When I entered the serial number, however, it said:
Your serial number could not be saved.
The serial number may be incorrect or you may lack permission to save the registration file. Be sure to run this app as an administrative user when entering your serial number.

Needless to say, I did run it as an administrator.

Do you need to enter an email that matches the serial number in Lost Marble's database? Because I am not entirely sure which email I used before. However, I did input all the emails I had but no luck.

Does anyone know what is going on and how I can get Moho running on my Machine? Thank you.

Joe.
synthsin75

Re: I can't enter or save my serial number

Post by synthsin75 »

If you're on Windows, maybe you don't have permission to save the registration file to this location:

C:\ProgramData\Lost Marble\Moho\13

You might check the permissions of that folder.
animas3D

Post by animas3D »

synthsin75 wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 5:13 am You might check the permissions of that folder.
Hi there and thank you, but all permissions seem to be enabled. They are all checked for everyone. Any other suggestions?
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Never seen that problem.
My only other guess is that maybe you entered zeros as Os.
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

animas3D wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 7:19 pm ...all permissions seem to be enabled. They are all checked for everyone. Any other suggestions?
It appears that in that folder there is a file called ''Moho13.lic.prefs" - which contains your Serial and Email address, so hopefully you can check which email you used - on the old computer.
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
animas3D

Post by animas3D »

SimplSam wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 8:39 pm It appears that in that folder there is a file called ''Moho13.lic.prefs" - which contains your Serial and Email address, so hopefully you can check which email you used - on the old computer.
My Friend, that was so helpful. It turns out that the very last digit was a "5" and I copied it as an "S". Thanks to you, it is working now! Lord bless you.
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

animas3D wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 3:35 am My Friend, that was so helpful. It turns out that the very last digit was a "5" and I copied it as an "S". Thanks to you, it is working now! Lord bless you.
Thanks to synthsin75 for directing us there ... (also suggesting it might be a typo)
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
animas3D

Post by animas3D »

Absolutely, thank you for pointing that out. Lord bless synthsin75 too!
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

I'm already blessed. That's why I try to help.

Glad you got it sorted.
Gogi

Post by Gogi »

Hi everyone,

I’m experiencing the same problem now. I deactivated a license on my old Mac and tried to install it on a new one. However, every time (even on my old Mac after the deactivation) I try to put the License Key, it says: "The serial number may be incorrect or you may lack permission to save the registration file. Be sure to run this app as an administrativve user when envtering your serial number. Try again, or press Activate Later if you do not have a valid serial number."

Any help, please? All was fine till few hours ago (and I’m also supposed to deliver a project in few hours...).
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Which version of Moho? If it's an old Smith Micro one, you need to use the final installer for that version because their servers no longer exist.

If it's a newer Lost Marble version (13.5 - 14.x,) you might have exceeded the activation limit (you're allowed 3 activations.) Fortunately, you can reset this yourself by going to the support page on Lost Marble's website.

If that doesn't work, you'll need to get in touch with Lost Marble's support team. They might not be reachable until Monday, though.