Need advice to get from finished project to template

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

coinman

Need advice to get from finished project to template

Post by coinman »

Hello!

I have just created a complete short animation episode while learning the basics. Off to an amazing start, but still very green.

I would like to use my completed episode to create a template for more episodes, and am just trying to figure out the best way to do it. All I need to preserve is: the first 30 seconds of completed animation (the intro), and four characters, which each consist of complicated group folders.

Is there an easy way to clear the character timelines(s)? Ideally, I would love to keep the eye blinking timeline as-is, because it's complex, and could work in every episode as-is.

I could revert to an earlier save that has most of the timelimes empty, past the intro. But the problem is, my characters got a lot more dialed in towards the end. Can you export / import group folders from a different save?

One bonus question - when in a switch timeline, is there a way to select several points at one time? When holding ctrl or shift, I can only add points one at a time (before copying and pasting).