Keyframe created when using transform layer tool on frame 0...

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

kgeetvcartoons

Keyframe created when using transform layer tool on frame 0...

Post by kgeetvcartoons »

For some reason with one character only, on frame zero I cannot enlarge my character. It creates a keyframe. When I go to frame 1 my character is enlarged but when I'm on frame 0, the "create" frame, It's not enlarging, moving around or anything. It just does nothing. It's not supposed to create a keyframe on frame 0 but it does. I do not have Moho setup to create on no other frame but zero.

What's the issue? Is anybody else having this issue?
kgeetvcartoons

Re: Keyframe created when using transform layer tool on frame 0...

Post by kgeetvcartoons »

I fixed it. For some reason the little green arrow that sits at frame zero was pushed to the left. I right clicked it and moved it to the right. Didn't know I could do that! :lol: :lol:
Anyway this is something that someone else might go through so I'll leave this up!
Greenlaw

Re: Keyframe created when using transform layer tool on frame 0...

Post by Greenlaw »

Glad you solved it!

Yeah, being able to slide the layer in the timeline can be incredibly useful for offsetting an animation, especially if you looping duplicates or references that you want to play from different start frames.

That said the sliding feature in the timeline can be be incredibly annoying when it's activated unintentionally. IMO, the current method of R-click+drag on the timeline makes it too easy to mess up a timeline; I often don't catch this mistake till much later and by then it can be a chore to fix it. I've been using Moho for many years now and I still occasionally do this by accident. I wish there was a way to either disable this shortcut or assign it to a less common shortcut/modifier.

BTW, time offsets can also be viewed in the Timeline's Sequencer tab. In there you can see the layer time offsets in a simplified form, and it can be easier to see which ones are offset and by how much. It can be easier to correct errors from here than in the main Channels tab.

Additional Tip: check out SimplSam's Layer Sequencer script. This tool lets you control layer time offsets numerically, and it even has a Reset button to let you easily reset an unintentionally offset layer.