_tool_list.txt

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Hoptoad

_tool_list.txt

Post by Hoptoad »

I deleted and rebuilt my _tool_list.txt file, but now there is no "other" category in the text file. Apparently there should be, right?

Because the "other" category is missing, now I have a "?" appearing in the "other" window of my tool area. The question mark is a duplicate button for the button of one of my added scripts, so it's not necessary.

I'm wondering if this is a bug. I'm thinking, when Moho rebuilds the _tool_list.txt file, it should include the "other" category in the rebuilt file.

I'm using Moho Pro 13.5 on a Mac.

I suppose I need somebody to post a copy of the "other" section so I can add it to my text file to get rid of the question mark. Right?

Here is the content of my _tool_list.txt. Note that is says "anime_version," which makes me wonder if this page of code is out-dated.

One more thing: it is my understanding that if there was an "other" section, I could re-arrange the buttons for the scripts by re-arranging them in the "other" section of the text file. If that is not the correct way to do that, what is the correct way? I'd like to re-arrange my added scripts in a certain order. But more important than that is getting rid of the question mark button.

Thanks.

EDIT: This is my 404th post. A 404 error is when content that was once present is now missing. Ha ha.

Code: Select all

/* anime_version 11200001 (11.2.0 rev 0002) */
/* keyboard shortcuts are now set in the application */
/* for format compatibility placeholders are retained below */
group MOHO.Localize("/Tools/Group/Draw=Draw")
tool	lm_select_points	...
tool	lm_transform_points	...
tool	lm_add_point		...
tool	lm_curvature		...

tool	lm_freehand			...
tool	lm_shape			...
tool	lm_delete_edge		...
tool	lm_magnet			...

tool	lm_brush			...
tool	lm_eraser			...
tool	lm_pointreduction	...
tool	lm_scatterbrush		...

tool	lm_perspective_points	...
tool	lm_shear_points		...
tool	lm_bend_points		...
tool	lm_noise			...

group MOHO.Localize("/Tools/Group/Fill=Fill")
tool	lm_select_shape		...
tool	lm_create_shape		...
tool	lm_paint_bucket		...
tool	lm_delete_shape		...
tool	lm_line_width		...
tool	lm_hide_edge		...
tool	lm_curve_exposure	...
tool	lm_curve_profile	...
tool	lm_colorpoints		...

group MOHO.Localize("/Tools/Group/Special=Special")
tool	lm_switch_layer		...
tool	lm_particle_layer	...
tool	lm_crop				...
tool	lm_image_masking	...
tool	lm_video_tracking	...

group MOHO.Localize("/Tools/Group/Bone=Bone")
tool	lm_select_bone		...
tool	lm_add_bone			...
tool	lm_transform_bone	...
tool	lm_manipulate_bones	...

tool	lm_reparent_bone	...
tool	lm_bone_strength	...
tool	lm_bone_groups		...
tool	lm_sketch_bones		...

tool	lm_bind_layer		...
tool	lm_bind_points		...
tool	lm_offset_bone		...
tool	lm_bone_physics		...
tool	lm_wind				...

group MOHO.Localize("/Tools/Group/Layer=Layer")
tool	lm_transform_layer	...
tool	lm_set_origin		...

tool	lm_follow_curve		...
tool	lm_rotate_layer_xy	...
tool	lm_shear_layer		...
tool	lm_shape_picker		...
button	lm_insert_text		...
tool	lm_eyedropper		...

group MOHO.Localize("/Tools/Group/Camera=Camera")
tool	lm_track_camera		...
tool	lm_zoom_camera		...
tool	lm_roll_camera		...
tool	lm_pantilt_camera	...

group MOHO.Localize("/Tools/Group/Workspace=Workspace")
tool	lm_pan_workspace	...
tool	lm_zoom_workspace	...
tool	lm_rotate_workspace	...
tool	lm_orbit_workspace	...
Greenlaw

Re: _tool_list.txt

Post by Greenlaw »

If your file is corrupted, try removing the file from your Custom Content Folder and, in Moho, click the Restore button under Tool Layout in the Preferences window. This will create a clean file with all the default settings.

You won't see 'Other' listed as a category in the _tool_list.txt file because this is catch-all category for any tools that are not categorized yet. This typically means third party scripts you just installed.

In the Tools Layout window, you can move third party tools out of the 'Other' category by moving them into an existing category or into a new category you create yourself.

When you take everything out of 'Other' and into existing categories, the 'Other' category will disappear until the next time you add a new tool.
Hoptoad

Post by Hoptoad »

Greenlaw wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:27 pm If your file is corrupted, try...
Thanks for your help. I don't think my file is corrupted, but I followed those steps to be sure and nothing changed.

Now, however, I have a better understanding of the bad question-mark button.

In the Tool Layout Preferences window, a category exists called "GROUP: Other (ungrouped tools)." Within that area is "Nudge Keys Toolset" ( a 3rd party script I installed) with its button icon, and below that is "TOOL: Nudge Keys Toolset" with no icon. That second tool should not be there, as it is a repeat of the Nudge Keys Toolset. I'm thinking Moho created the question-mark button, thinking that the Nudge Keys Toolset didn't have a button icon. I don't see how to delete the bad button, though. There is no "delete" option, only "move up."

How can I delete the bad button? Could creating a new group for 3rd-party scripts help somehow?
Hoptoad

Post by Hoptoad »

I began suspecting that a 3rd-party script was causing the problem. I deleted every other script except the Nudge Keys Toolset and now the bad button is gone.

I'll slowly replace the scripts as I need them over the next few days or weeks, and I'll keep an eye out to see which one is the problem.

The bad button is not linked to the Nudge Keys Toolset, I'm sure. I had it happen with a different script a couple weeks ago, too. For some reason, the flawed script creates a duplicate button for some random script, and makes the button a question-mark button.

So. . .I'm pretty sure this is not a Moho bug after all.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

That sounds weird.

Normally, only third party tools that are placed into the Tools folder in your Custom Content Folder appear in the lower region of the Tools window, and to remove them you simply remove the file from the Scripts folder or place it in a sub-folder. (Moho will ignore scripts placed in any sub-folder, so I keep one called '_disabled' or '_archive' to hold scripts I'm not currently using. This is handy for trouble shooting or just managing a bunch of plugins I use only rarely.)

If you're seeing a broken tool button, I'm guessing one of these things may be going on here.
  • You have a script that doesn't have an associated button icon. Maybe this is supposed to be a Menu script and not a Tool script?
  • There is an error in the Tools_List. Check the entries in a text editor and remove the bad entry from there.
If it's the second one, you can't fix this in the Tools Layout window...you'll need to do this by opening the file in a text editor.

I suppose it's possible you have a duplicate of the script in the Script folder. I'm not sure that's what happens when there is a duplicate of a script but check anyway, and if it exists remove it.

Hope this helps.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Greenlaw wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:18 pm I suppose it's possible you have a duplicate of the script in the Script folder. I'm not sure that's what happens when there is a duplicate of a script but check anyway, and if it exists remove it.
Decided to check this by duplicating a third party script and, yup, that's exactly what happened. In the Tools window, I saw the tool repeated in the Other category but with a broken [?] button icon. Removed the duplicate file and it went away.

Don't know if that's what's going on in your computer but worth checking.
Hoptoad

Post by Hoptoad »

Greenlaw wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:23 pm Don't know if that's what's going on in your computer but worth checking.
I didn't find any duplicated scripts.

It's likely I did something wrong at some point during installation of a script, but I have no idea what it could've been. Oh well. I'm happy to see the bad button is gone.