Scale/Move/Rotate for Reference Images

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

JoelMayer

Scale/Move/Rotate for Reference Images

Post by JoelMayer »

I know, i know, i know, most of you by now probably just import an image and fade it a bit or put a transparent white thingy on top or whatever but personally, what i really like about the Reference Image functionality is, that i see the Image on Top as well as below my vector drawing. With CMD+U it's super easy to turn on and off.

Elephant in the room is obviously, what you see is what you get, there's no way (to my knowledge) to move the Reference Image around or scale it for that matter, which is why i think it's probably underused by now.

So i think either you could integrate the feature as a layer type in the layer menu or just have a separate set of controls to move, rotate, scale etc. the Ref Image around. The layer obviously won't be rendered. As i said, having the image both on top and below the drawing just is very helpful and to be able to turn it off and on with one shortcut is really handy as well so i hope you give this old feature some love ^^

Okay, now cue "There's a script for that" :D :D
synthsin75

Re: Scale/Move/Rotate for Reference Images

Post by synthsin75 »

I usually just toggle fade unselected layers (ctrl+shift+A) as needed.
JoelMayer

Re: Scale/Move/Rotate for Reference Images

Post by JoelMayer »

Yeah makes sense but it still takes longer to set up a reference image that way than with just the built in reference image feature. I think it would be a great addition if we could move and scale it around, personally and also keeps the layer view a bit less cluttered.