Fill Quad mesh not working

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Geoi88i

Fill Quad mesh not working

Post by Geoi88i »

No matter what I do, even if I just make a simple square, the fill quad mesh drawing script does not work. It always say "mesh errors found, one or more shapes are not valid in a quad mesh" I am stumped... although it will work if I build a shape with the actual square shape tool but nothing else works

https://ibb.co/YLwJ1vJ

synthsin75

Re: Fill Quad mesh not working

Post by synthsin75 »

It doesn't look like you've created a fill shape. It only looks like the curves/vectors.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

If you drew the outer 4 points of the rectangle, then added the line across the middle, that will create a shape with six points, and that's the porblem.

select all _shapes_ and delete them (don't delete the paths or points), then re-run the fill quad mesh tool
Geoi88i

Post by Geoi88i »

@hayasidist Thanks so much! It worked..... however... Is there a quick way to select all shapes in a layer? Would control+A work to do that? I used the delete shape tool several times. Because if I have to go through and select each shape to delete, that doesnt seem as efficient, time-wise.... at that point I could just go through and fill all the quads with the paint bucket manually, it feels like that would take the same amount of time
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

Geoi88i wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:10 am ... Is there a quick way to select all shapes in a layer? Would control+A work to do that? ...
There is a Select All button on the toolbar of the Shape tool in the latest 13.5 versions.

Strangely - if you do Ctrl-A it selects all Points (not all Shapes). I think this is some legacy feature?
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Geoi88i wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:10 am ...Is there a quick way to select all shapes in a layer? Would control+A work to do that? I used the delete shape tool several times....
There are three ways, two old and one new.

Select Shape Tool: Select the Select Shape tool, then press and hold the Shift key and LMB as you wipe the cursor over the shapes. This will select multiple shapes as you drag. When you've 'scribbled' over all the shapes, press delete. Note that with this option you can use Alt wipe to remove selections if you don't wish to delete every shape.

Delete Shape Tool: No need to click the tool on each shape to delete it, simply click and wipe over all the shapes. You might think of this as erasing the shapes. It's very fast if you don't have too many tiny shapes to erase. (Sometimes I wonder if a Delete All button should be added to this tool's options.)

Select All Button: This is a new option in Select Shape. To use it, you first need to select at least one shape and then click the button. You can do other things now, like change the style of all shapes, etc., and pressing delete will of course delete them. As mentioned above, you can use Alt to remove shapes from entire selection before you do anything to them.

Note that the Edit menu commands Select All, Select Inverse or Select None apply only to points and curves, not shapes. For me, this is not a big deal, especially after we got the Select All button for Select Shape, but I was a little surprised when I tried them on shapes years ago. It's a thing that distinguishes point and curve objects from the shape object, and something to be aware of when working in Moho.
Geoi88i

Post by Geoi88i »

Thanks so much guys! This was my first forum post but definitely not my last. I am working on a character rig of a vector illustration that I designed for my apparel brand in Adobe Illustrator (Also I saw Simplsam commented, I recently tried to use the import svg script but it didnt work so well, my illustrations are usually pretty complex). I redrew most of it in Moho but there are a couple parts like her egyptian neck piece that are very complex so i kept as a PNG and so for that part I am making a quad mesh which will be bound to bones. When Im finished where in the forum do we show off our work for fun? I love Moho so much, I just wish more people knew about it. It is such a robust program, but sometimes I feel like it could be better optimized and if it had big money like Adobe behind it, it might just be. I am excited for its future. Victor and the folks at Lost Marble and script writers like Simplsam are awesome
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

Geoi88i wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:21 am ... When Im finished where in the forum do we show off our work for fun?...
there's the share your work forum.

Welcome - and enjoy!
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

Geoi88i wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:21 am ... I am working on a character rig of a vector illustration that I designed for my apparel brand in Adobe Illustrator (Also I saw Simplsam commented, I recently tried to use the import svg script but it didnt work so well, my illustrations are usually pretty complex) ...
Regarding the SS SVG Import script, you can PM me the offending SVG file, and I can have a look for general import issues. Unfortunately - at this time - Gradient imports have limited support.
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam