How Do I Make visible for vector Keyframe in main Timeline

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Trizul96

How Do I Make visible for vector Keyframe in main Timeline

Post by Trizul96 »

How do I see point motion and curvature in the main timeline when I selected the main bone layer without selecting the source layer and checking channel visibility?
I put the image in my post to show what I trying to achieve from it, Hope it can be clicked :).
this is the image link : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jZEknd ... sp=sharing
Daxel

Re: How Do I Make visible for vector Keyframe in main Timeline

Post by Daxel »

The solution is to activate the layers timeline visibility. So if that makes your PC lag I would ask for a solution to the lag, as that should not be happening.
What are your specs, platform and moho version? can you share your project or a reduced version of it that still have the problem? so we can help you with the lag. Negative keyframes and corrupted references are the usual suspects.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Two ways:

1. Select both layers at the same time. This will load keyframes for both layers at once. You will see the layer names for each in the timeline.

2. Enable Timeline Visibility for both layers as Daxel suggests. This is the 'stopwatch' column in the Layers Window. When enabled, both layers will always be visible in the timeline even when you select another layer without selecting the first two.

If the Timeline Visibility of these layers need to be constantly turned off and on, use Layer Comps to make a Timeline Visibility preset to turn them on and and a Master preset to turn them off. (I almost always create a Master layer comp preset so I can easily get back to my 'normal' visibility state.)
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Oh, and if your actual concern is being able to line up keyframes between layers, make a Timeline Marker and align the keys to that. If you set it for Document Wide it will always be visible no matter which layer you have selected, so you can accurately align the keys one layer at a time if you wish. (Exception: Smart Bone Actions have their own separate timeline, so markers in the Mainline will not appear there.)

Timeline Markers are awesome...I use 'em for all sorts of things when animating a scene. :D
Trizul96

Post by Trizul96 »

Daxel wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:54 pm The solution is to activate the layers timeline visibility. So if that makes your PC lag I would ask for a solution to the lag, as that should not be happening.
What are your specs, platform and moho version? can you share your project or a reduced version of it that still have the problem? so we can help you with the lag. Negative keyframes and corrupted references are the usual suspects.
Yes, I already tried to find a solution to this lag and I also already search for a negative keyframe and my project seems doesn't have it. I view some topics from moho discussion forums or Facebook and here is the result https://www.facebook.com/groups/4364352 ... 6075913008, they said it's about hardware capacity and I accept it.
Trizul96

Post by Trizul96 »

Greenlaw wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:38 pm Oh, and if your actual concern is being able to line up keyframes between layers, make a Timeline Marker and align the keys to that. If you set it for Document Wide it will always be visible no matter which layer you have selected, so you can accurately align the keys one layer at a time if you wish. (Exception: Smart Bone Actions have their own separate timeline, so markers in the Mainline will not appear there.)

Timeline Markers are awesome...I use 'em for all sorts of things when animating a scene. :D
Yes, it's so true about what you said :D, I try to accurately align the keys one layer at a time., after I find out what I tried is not possible, to show the icon from a different layer like vector or bone in the main timeline. Maybe it's a good option to choose a marker timeline that can be so really helpful for this situation in arrangements as you suggest. I need it because I don't have confidence enough to just use bone only in animation in the main timeline. I think point motion is one of the powerful features that this moho app offer and I love this discussion also. https://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29608
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

Trizul96 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:46 pm
Daxel wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:54 pm The solution is to activate the layers timeline visibility. So if that makes your PC lag I would ask for a solution to the lag, as that should not be happening.
Yes, I already tried to find a solution to this lag and I also already search for a negative keyframe and my project seems doesn't have it. I view some topics from moho discussion forums or Facebook and here is the result https://www.facebook.com/groups/4364352 ... 6075913008, they said it's about hardware capacity and I accept it.
I didn't find your post so I still don't know your specs or your moho version but I have used a windows tablet from 2017 and I didn't have your problem.
Trizul96

Post by Trizul96 »

Daxel wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:50 am
Trizul96 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:46 pm
I didn't find your post so I still don't know your specs or your moho version but I have used a windows tablet from 2017 and I didn't have your problem.
Here is my PC spec https://i.ibb.co/Z2wv0Pj/Dxdiag.png, and this is for comparison for project moho which uses simple resource and heavy resource https://www.dropbox.com/s/2es78vwtscurc ... n.mp4?dl=0, and for moho app, I using moho version 13.5.5.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

Trizul96 wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:43 pm
Here is my PC spec https://i.ibb.co/Z2wv0Pj/Dxdiag.png, and this is for comparison for project moho which uses simple resource and heavy resource https://www.dropbox.com/s/2es78vwtscurc ... n.mp4?dl=0, and for moho app, I using moho version 13.5.5.
If the official demos are giving you lag then we can rule out any problem with the project.

Looking at your specs, your PC is not weak at all, it is way better than my tablet so I think that's not the problem but it is quite old so I think that the issue could be software related. Maybe some compatibility issue with openGL, some windows library like visual c++ or any other conflicting sofware or driver that needs an update.

I see you are using windows 11 even if you have an old PC that is not offically supported, so I have the feeling that your best chance is to create a second windows partition with windows 10 and try there. With an old PC you have better chances of having good driver support on W10.
Trizul96

Post by Trizul96 »

Daxel wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:43 am
Trizul96 wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:43 pm
If the official demos are giving you lag then we can rule out any problem with the project.

Looking at your specs, your PC is not weak at all, it is way better than my tablet so I think that's not the problem but it is quite old so I think that the issue could be software related. Maybe some compatibility issue with openGL, some windows library like visual c++ or any other conflicting sofware or driver that needs an update.

I see you are using windows 11 even if you have an old PC that is not offically supported, so I have the feeling that your best chance is to create a second windows partition with windows 10 and try there. With an old PC you have better chances of having good driver support on W10.
I'm pretty happy to hear my PC is still able to handle the job, I just think about changing the hardware to intel because people advised me that moho is better with intel. But I just installed windows 11 from 10 just a few days ago, Hope the problem is gone, but actually, it's not. I tried to reinstall moho from the original website and the problem is still there then I tried downloading and installing moho version 12.5 not from the original website just to test mohony project file, and the problem was gone, the lag is not too much, and actually smooth. I tried it with version moho 13.0 the lag is back. Maybe I should try to upgrade the driver and see the results.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

Trizul96 wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:21 pm
I'm pretty happy to hear my PC is still able to handle the job, I just think about changing the hardware to intel because people advised me that moho is better with intel. But I just installed windows 11 from 10 just a few days ago, Hope the problem is gone, but actually, it's not. I tried to reinstall moho from the original website and the problem is still there then I tried downloading and installing moho version 12.5 not from the original website just to test mohony project file, and the problem was gone, the lag is not too much, and actually smooth. I tried it with version moho 13.0 the lag is back. Maybe I should try to upgrade the driver and see the results.
I see, so you already tried Moho 13.5.5 with windows 10, right? Moho 13.0 is not recomended, too buggy. Moho 13.5.5 should run well. I remember I did some tests myself looking at the framerate and its performance was very similar to 12.5 on my computer. But as your computer is quite old, the latest Moho version could be less suited for old hardware. That happens with every program over time.

Then yes, I would try upgrading every driver as much as possible and using W10 is probably a better option. Also, check if any of the display settings can help you. If your drivers have problems with some particular task, like rendering masks or gradients, disabling them on the workspace view could fix the lag.
Trizul96

Post by Trizul96 »

Daxel wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:45 pm
Trizul96 wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:21 pm
I see, so you already tried Moho 13.5.5 with windows 10, right? Moho 13.0 is not recomended, too buggy. Moho 13.5.5 should run well. I remember I did some tests myself looking at the framerate and its performance was very similar to 12.5 on my computer. But as your computer is quite old, the latest Moho version could be less suited for old hardware. That happens with every program over time.

Then yes, I would try upgrading every driver as much as possible and using W10 is probably a better option. Also, check if any of the display settings can help you. If your drivers have problems with some particular task, like rendering masks or gradients, disabling them on the workspace view could fix the lag.
Hi, I found the problem although it does not fix the lag, but a much better performance after I fix the reference layer, I already updated all the drivers and it helped a bit with lag. this is based on this discussion https://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33546. And I found some problems also with moho, I don't know how it works or not with the app but here it is https://www.dropbox.com/s/fzh3lyw4mk91o ... 6.mp4?dl=0. So basically in the video When I delete an action (Smartbone, regular) even when the bone is already deleted, so it's not bonded with smart action, the reference layer still crashes. Before I realized it my project file run so laggy because I didn't know what was going on, but then when I fix the reference layers one by one caused this problem, the lag is suddenly gone.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

Trizul96 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:13 pm
Hi, I found the problem although it does not fix the lag, but a much better performance after I fix the reference layer, I already updated all the drivers and it helped a bit with lag. this is based on this discussion https://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33546. And I found some problems also with moho, I don't know how it works or not with the app but here it is https://www.dropbox.com/s/fzh3lyw4mk91o ... 6.mp4?dl=0. So basically in the video When I delete an action (Smartbone, regular) even when the bone is already deleted, so it's not bonded with smart action, the reference layer still crashes. Before I realized it my project file run so laggy because I didn't know what was going on, but then when I fix the reference layers one by one caused this problem, the lag is suddenly gone.
Oh that was the first thing I told you, to check negative keyframes and corrupted reference layers. I actually wrote the post you linked, because I was (and still am) surprised that nobody ever mentions the problem with corrupted references, only me. And it's a pretty common problem.

What I still don't understand is why did the official demo project run slow if the problem was on your project? That confused me and made me think about old driver conflicts. Maybe you had both problems, as you say updating drivers helped a bit.

Anyway, glad you solved it! Have fun!
Trizul96

Post by Trizul96 »

Daxel wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:17 pm
Trizul96 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:13 pm
Oh that was the first thing I told you, to check negative keyframes and corrupted reference layers. I actually wrote the post you linked, because I was (and still am) surprised that nobody ever mentions the problem with corrupted references, only me. And it's a pretty common problem.

What I still don't understand is why did the official demo project run slow if the problem was on your project? That confused me and made me think about old driver conflicts. Maybe you had both problems, as you say updating drivers helped a bit.

Anyway, glad you solved it! Have fun!
Yes, at first, I don't get what actually 'Corrupted Reference' means, because I already tried the advice and fix it manually from the 'Right Click > update layer reference and fix mismatch vector' but the problem is still there until I realized to fix the reference layer from zero timeline one by one with every object variable on it. and thanks to you, I already make a ticket about it, hope the developer fixes this problem for the next update.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

Trizul96 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:10 pm
Yes, at first, I don't get what actually 'Corrupted Reference' means, because I already tried the advice and fix it manually from the 'Right Click > update layer reference and fix mismatch vector' but the problem is still there until I realized to fix the reference layer from zero timeline one by one with every object variable on it. and thanks to you, I already make a ticket about it, hope the developer fixes this problem for the next update.
Ah, you are right, I didn't explain it well. Next time I will link the post with the explanation.
Glad you reported it! The more people, the better. So they know it is a common problem and can prioritize accordingly.