White bone

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Hoptoad

White bone

Post by Hoptoad »

Sometimes there are so many colors everywhere, a white-colored bone would stick-out on a character rig or background far better than any color.
synthsin75

Re: White bone

Post by synthsin75 »

This tool lets you toggle bone/vector object color between two custom colors you set:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/cor ... r.zip?dl=0

I keep mine on black and white for maximum visibility.
Hoptoad

Post by Hoptoad »

synthsin75 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:04 pm This tool lets you toggle bone/vector object color between two custom colors you set:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/cor ... r.zip?dl=0

I keep mine on black and white for maximum visibility.
Thanks. I like this script! Black bones really stand out.

I made one of the two colors bright blue, which really 'pops' on the character I'm rigging right now.

Is there a quick way to turn off the script so that I can return to the default bone color if I want?
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Hoptoad wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:41 pm Is there a quick way to turn off the script so that I can return to the default bone color if I want?
No, you'd have to go reset the editor colors in preferences.
Hoptoad

Post by Hoptoad »

synthsin75 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:57 pm No, you'd have to go reset the editor colors in preferences.
Oh, that wasn't difficult. I wanted to do more comparing of colors, and now I've done it.

I like black and my custom color much better.

Thanks again.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

The tool lets you set new colors the first time you use it after starting Moho, or after reloading the tools (ctrl+shift+alt+L).
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I just adjust the Object color in Preferences>Edit Colors tab to suite what I need at the moment. Normally this means the bone color needs to be darker, so I take it from the default turquoise color to very dark teal. I don't like to go too dark or full black because that makes it hard to see against dark colors. But when I'm working with a dark palette, I'll push the color towards a brighter color (probably back the the default turquoise.)

Anyway, here's what it looks like set to white, and white with the blue fill color...

You might also try simplsam's Virtual Bones script if you need something visible in a more specific way.

That said, yeah, I too would like to see more options for styling bones in a future release of Moho. Maybe a way to create and use presets in the Edit Colors tab as well.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hoptoad

Post by Hoptoad »

Greenlaw wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:51 pm I just adjust the Object color in Preferences>Edit Colors tab...
Objects? I did not know that bones are called "objects" in the editor. I would've expected bones to be called bones.
synthsin75 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:45 pm The tool lets you set new colors the first time you use it after starting Moho, or after reloading the tools (ctrl+shift+alt+L).
Ah, that's the key combination I couldn't remember (ctrl+shift+alt+L), so I restarted Moho a few times instead.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Hoptoad wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:11 pm Objects? I did not know that bones are called "objects" in the editor. I would've expected bones to be called bones.
You would think so but Objects actually refers more than just bones. Adjusting this color changes everything in the Workspace that uses the default turquoise color, which also includes points and curves.* Bones are probably just the most obvious object it changes.

*(Edit: I previously included Effects widgets but I just checked and it doesn't.)
Last edited by Greenlaw on Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

The weird one is the button in the corner called Show Curves, which will hide not just Curves and Points but also Bones. :D
Hoptoad

Post by Hoptoad »

Greenlaw wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:26 pm You would think so but Objects actually refers more than just bones. Adjusting this color changes everything in the Workspace that uses the default turquoise color, which also includes points and curves.* Bones are probably just the most obvious object it changes.
Well, then the text should be "bones/points/curves". The word "object" is too vague.

Moho should hired me as a freelance complainer, to help identify the trivial problems with Moho that have little to no effect on anything.

For example, the eyedropper doesn't sample colors outside of Moho. What's up with that? The colors are right there.
Hoptoad

Post by Hoptoad »

Greenlaw wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:34 pm The weird one is the button in the corner called Show Curves, which will hide not just Curves and Points but also Bones. :D
I love the "show curves" button. The name is terrible, though. it took me a million years before I investigated what it did.

It should be called something like Artwork Only.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Hoptoad wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:17 pm For example, the eyedropper doesn't sample colors outside of Moho. What's up with that? The colors are right there.
The Eyedropper tool is for picking up Styles, not colors.

However, the Eyedropper button found next to any color tile in Moho does sample colors from any visible pixel on the screen, even from another program's window. Which is pretty awesome...I mean not even Photoshop can do that. :D
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

Greenlaw wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:39 pm
However, the Eyedropper button found next to any color tile in Moho does sample colors from any visible pixel on the screen, even from another program's window. Which is pretty awesome...I mean not even Photoshop can do that. :D
Oh, that is good to know.
Hoptoad

Post by Hoptoad »

Greenlaw wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:39 pm The Eyedropper tool is for picking up Styles, not colors.

GASP!

I thought I had tested that long ago, and a couple times since, but I must've used the wrong eyedropper every time.

I can finally delete Digital Color Meter from my dock! Thank you.