Image Sequence Clip Faster Than mp4 Video Rendered From the Same Project

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

LEOVATAR

Image Sequence Clip Faster Than mp4 Video Rendered From the Same Project

Post by LEOVATAR »

Hello everyone. I have noticed that when I export an image sequence from a project and also export an mp4 video file from the same project, the image sequence clip is shorter and faster than the mp4 video. How do I fix this?

I am working on 20 mins animatied short film. I need the audio to sync with the dialogue but the fast image sequence clip doesn't allow this. The only way I can render out the audio for each scene is by rendering it with the mp4 video. Or is there a way to render audio for a PNG image sequence?
hayasidist

Re: Image Sequence Clip Faster Than mp4 Video Rendered From the Same Project

Post by hayasidist »

what are you using to play the image sequence?

my guess is that the frame rate on export from moho (e.g. 24) doesn't match the frame rate on wherever you're importing the sequence (e.g. 30) IOW the (again e.g.) 5 seconds exported = 5*24 = 120 frames; = 4 secs playback at 30 fps
LEOVATAR

Post by LEOVATAR »

I actually exported both image sequence and mp4 video at 24 fps. I took them both to composite in After Effects and boom the confusion. The after effects composition is set to 24 fps.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

are you sure that it's being _imported_ into Ae at the correct frame rate?
After Effects manual wrote: When you import a sequence of still images, it assumes the frame rate specified by the Sequence Footage preference in the Import category. The default rate is 30 frames per second (fps). You can change the frame rate after importing by reinterpreting the footage item:

Select the sequence in the Project panel, choose File > Interpret Footage > Main, and then enter a new value for Assume This Frame Rate.
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

The standard AE frame rate for imported sequences is 30fps.

You can either change your AE import settings, or Interpret the footage after import, as described here: http://www.dvctraining.co.uk/importing- ... r-effects/
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
LEOVATAR

Post by LEOVATAR »

Thanks hayasidist and SimplSam. I changed the default settings on AE and it worked. Thanks guys.