MR Bake Bone Dynamics

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Greenlaw

Re: MR Bake Bone Dynamics

Post by Greenlaw »

Oh, but you know what probably does work?

In 13.5, copy the keyframes to a Regular Action and then click the Export button in the Actions window.

Now, you can apply the Action to the bones in 14.1 after importing it by using the Import button in the Actions window.

I don't have time to try this right now but I'm pretty sure it will work. Let me know what happens if you get a chance to try it yourself. :)
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

Greenlaw wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:35 pm I don't have time to try this right now but I'm pretty sure it will work. Let me know what happens if you get a chance to try it yourself. :)
It worked!

A few things to note:

I had to remake the bone physics settings of each dynamic bone not only because the numbers were different, but because the same numbers also didn't produce the same results at all.

The exported action, containing just 20 keyframes for one single bone weights 60+ MB! That doesn't sound reasonable at all, but it works. I just hope nothing explodes when I try to export the total 1242 keyframes of the 10-20 dynamic bones I have. I just made a quick test, and with that insane increase in frames and bones the action's weight goes all the way up to 61MB! Good news I guess! And import worked fine aswell.

Thanks for your help!

And sorry Eugene if these posts are a little bit off topic... I guess it could be helpful for another user that comes here after trying this script in Moho14.

Also, if Victor or Mike are reading, please consider baking physics as a built in option.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Oh, yeah...I guess that makes sense. Eugene did say LM made changes to how dynamics works, and that's probably what you ran into.

Anyway, thanks for the report! Glad you got something that works now. :)