How do I add a regular action to the timeline?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Ty505

How do I add a regular action to the timeline?

Post by Ty505 »

Daxel

Re: How do I add a regular action to the timeline?

Post by Daxel »

You have to be in a valid frame to insert an action, that is, any frame later than 0. Then you can right click on the action to see the contextual menu and select "insert copy" or "insert reference". Alternatively, you can select an action and then use the icons on the top of the actions panel.
Ty505

Post by Ty505 »

Awesome thanks! Is it possible to add a regular action to the timeline using a smart bone?

Like if I rotate a smart bone to the right it will add one of my regular actions to the mainline/timeline, and then when going to the left it'll add a different action. Is it possible?
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Ty505 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:06 am Awesome thanks! Is it possible to add a regular action to the timeline using a smart bone?
No but that's not what a Smart Bone Action is supposed to do either.

A Regular Actions is a pre-keyed animation you can paste into the timeline, and Smart Bone Action is an animation you can play in the Timeline by rotating a bone (the Smart Bone.)

In other words, a Smart Bone can only control keyframeable animation properties; it can't control Moho UI commands like select keys, copy/paste keys, etc., because those are not animation properties you can keyframe in the timeline.

To automate Moho commands you want to use lua scripting or a macro program like AutoHotkey.

But if all you want is to insert a pre-keyed animation, you do that from the Actions window. To do this, go to the frame where you want the animation to start, click on the Action you want to insert, and then click Insert Copy. No need to create a special control for this.

Hope this helps.