My first 360° rig!

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

RigTheory

My first 360° rig!

Post by RigTheory »

Hello again Everyone!
I hope you're all enjoying a good weekend.

The past couple of weeks have been pretty eventful, so it's been a challenge keeping up with my Moho animation studies. I'm excited to share the results of my FIRST 360 rig. It...well, it didn't go as well as I had hoped, but I learned a LOT!

I'm looking forward to any advice you can offer me to improve things. There's a lot that went wrong, unfortunately :(

My First 360° rig
https://youtu.be/93S6kqnJQ5M

If it's not moving it's probably dead. WE NEED ANIMATION!
synthsin75

Re: My first 360° rig!

Post by synthsin75 »

Sounds like you learned the biggest lesson on turns. Start with the bones and then work the points.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Very interesting! I really like your energy and how you point the issues and solutions.
A 360 degrees rig is never easy. Personally, I tend to avoid creating them unless it's really necessary, but that has to do with the kind of projects I work in, which are mostly movies and shorts at this point.
Watching this kind of videos is great, because they are fun to watch and also give us a better understanding of how people are using the software and what they expect from it.
Thanks for sharing it!
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
pihms

Post by pihms »

Great explanation of a new Mojo user, though experienced in animation. I look forward to more of your thoughts.
RigTheory

Post by RigTheory »

:D I really appreciate the support and encouragement I'm getting here. It's really tough to start over again with a new animation tool.

I feel like it's helpful to document my progress in order to connect with the community and to remind myself that the learning journey will always be full of ups and downs.

I cant wait to share my next experiment. It's gonna be anothertey at a 360° rig and she's going to be Beautiful!

I think my Moho trial has expired so I'll be able to import art from other projects once I'm all set up.

Thanks again for being so supportive 🙏🏽
If it's not moving it's probably dead. WE NEED ANIMATION!
Little Yamori

Post by Little Yamori »

Really nice and clear explanation of your set up and work method

Keep at it, and thanks for sharing
3deeguy

Post by 3deeguy »

Your first 360° rig is really good.
Just so you know, you can embed the video by deleting the part of the URL with all the slashes and then left clicking or dragging the video ID and then clicking the youtube button. Your video ID is 93S6kqnJQ5M.
Cheers, Larry