Feedback for demo reel

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Bryang

Feedback for demo reel

Post by Bryang »

Pretty new to the world of animation and looking for constructive feedback for future demos. Everything I've read about Demo reels so far is that people want to see things like face emotion, lip sinc, weight and physics, and of course stunning art work, which I definitely lack. What else is missing from this that would be a good goal for me to work on next. Constructive feedback would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Bryan

https://youtu.be/wR8MnDlM9s4
3deeguy

Re: Feedback for demo reel

Post by 3deeguy »

I don't have a demo reel or the experience to do one but if I wanted to create a demo reel I would study how professional animators do it and try to copy their techniques before I tested the market.
I'm a hobbyist and I've only focused on YouTube. One of the best resources we have is this forum. I've learned a ton of things here.
If I was searching for clients or an employer I would first read all the material I could find and study the work of successful animators. I'd have to learn some new software which would push my goal further into the future but if I want something badly enough failure does not bother me.
Cheers, Larry
Bryang

Re: Feedback for demo reel

Post by Bryang »

Thank you so much. Really appreciate it.