moho 13.5.5 video render doesn't render full range

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

AHMED003ADALAT

moho 13.5.5 video render doesn't render full range

Post by AHMED003ADALAT »

guys there's a bug that still in 13.5.5 that when i render a specific range from ex (1-100) it always render shorter than that or clips part of the end which didn't happen before :?
synthsin75

Re: moho 13.5.5 video render doesn't render full range

Post by synthsin75 »

This has been reported. On Windows, only AVI doesn't have this problem.
AHMED003ADALAT

Post by AHMED003ADALAT »

synthsin75 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:54 pm This has been reported. On Windows, only AVI doesn't have this problem.
thanks bro, hope you fix it by next update as i wanted to see full video before exporting as final png seq, but this little issue is kind of annoying though :|
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Exporting to PNG sequence shouldn't have this problem...and should render faster than encoding video.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

AHMED003ADALAT wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:28 pm ...i wanted to see full video before exporting as final png seq, but this little issue is kind of annoying though :|
synthsin75 wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:24 pm Exporting to PNG sequence shouldn't have this problem...and should render faster than encoding video.
@AHMED003ADALAT, Wes is correct about PNG rendering being faster than movie files; you're not saving time by rendering a movie file before rendering a PNG sequence. Rendering to an Image Sequence is also more reliable because Moho requires fewer resources for that, and it's more efficient when you decide to change part of your animation because you only need to re-render the changed region of the image sequence, not the entire thing as a movie file requires.

If you just want to preview the PNG Image Sequence before compiling it to a movie file, I recommend the free DJV player. This player is designed for animators that need to review rendered image sequences. (It also plays back some video formats but it's not meant for that; better to use a regular media player for movie files.) I've been using DJV for many years. With Image sequences, the player caches every frame so you can review every frame with accuracy, and there are many tools available for analyzing the data. It's designed primarily for VFX and CGI animators to review their EXR footage but it works well for 2D cartoon animators using PNG too.

Another option you have available is to simply load the rendered image sequence into Moho into a new project. I personally think it's better to use DVJ for reviews though.

For me, it's good enough to use Preview Animation in Moho. This command actually does render faster than an image sequence, it clearly shows the motion that will be rendered, and it plays in realtime with audio. Yes it leaves out fx and anti-aliasing but I don't need that info to review animation, and I can always spot check frames for that final quality using Ctrl-R. Once I feel good about the Preview Animation, then I will render the PNG image sequence. This, more or less, is a common workflow for animators using almost any 2D or 3D animation program.

Hope this helps.