[trouble] 11SC

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

ggoblin

Re: [trouble] 11SC

Post by ggoblin »

SuperSGL wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:45 am I thought the expression on the little fish (Emma Stone :) ) was pretty good!
Thank you, its officially the Emma Stone fish now! :D
I think the addition of the sign made me think it was a cave as well. Maybe the fish does a quick look around (head up side to side) Edit: sorry didn't see your post about that.
Yes and that is officially a cave now, everyone I spoke to said it was a cave.. so what do I know.. I'm only the animator :lol:

I've done several animations for the contest at Animestudio.com another monthly challenge with a little more freedom. They give you a subject, like 'Tennis' and you start from there. As an added note I had no interest in making an animation of tennis players. But I remembered my mother in-law liked watching Tiger Woods she had 2 cats both of them were glued to the TV watching the greens. So I used that as my animation you can check it out here if you like: viewtopic.php?t=34421
I loved it. The scan lines scrolling up on the TV made it come alive. Interesting how you reveal the top head curve as part of the head tilt up, have to remember that one. The facial expression on the cat when it sees the mouse eyes is very good. And again a great learning tip of how you replaced the cat with a couple of brown clouds and a black 'tail' line to represent the cat rushing out of the room - a novice like me would be have tried doing it with motion blur on the original cat when what you did is so much more effective. [ EDIT: Its always nice to hear the background story of what inspired an animation, thank you. ]
Only having a month makes you finish (whether it's done or not) and several times I always see things I should have added or mistakes I missed. You learn from these things. The best way to start when you know what you want to create is find tons of references this not only helps get the characters looking and moving correctly but may inspire a new direction for your animation. Good luck in your adventures and don't get discouraged keep at it!
For me a month is a very long time - I think I have an attention span problem.. keep jumping from one project to another. But agreed that with a deadline it forces you to finish the project. I think I found out about the 11sec competition a couple of days before the deadline, and that was fine for me as I happen to be free at the time.. I think it took about 10 hours to do - no exisitng rigs etc. used. And if I really wanted to make changes I still had maybe 4-5 hours left before the deadline when I submitted my final version. But by then I had finished with it in my mind. Probably not a good thing for an animator.. I think you need a lot of patience and perseverance to achieve good animations.

I couldn't find Animestudio.com. Is it another dead Moho site?
ggoblin

Post by ggoblin »

sang820 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:25 am
:shock:
1- Good physical performance.
2- Do a good job of expression management.
3- Reasonable model structure.

It is very difficult to meet these three points, but it is very rewarding. I've been trying, let's do it together =)
Thats where these forums come in so handy, people with more experience sharing and showing others how to animate.

Very grateful to everyone. :)
SuperSGL

Post by SuperSGL »

ggoblin wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:50 pm And if I really wanted to make changes I still had maybe 4-5 hours left before the deadline when I submitted my final version. But by then I had finished with it in my mind. Probably not a good thing for an animator.. I think you need a lot of patience and perseverance to achieve good animations.

I couldn't find Animestudio.com. Is it another dead Moho site?
Like they say for all artists you need to come back with a fresh eye (something I don't always do either) I know what I want in the animation so when it's done I feel I expressed what was in my mind (anyway)...doesn't always convey in the final product to someone else.
Thank you, I'm glad you liked it. I really wasn't sure if the exit was going to look good enough with just the black line and smoke.

Sorry here is a link to the site https://www.animestudiotutor.com/home
"Animation is not the art of drawings that move but the art of movements that are drawn."
Norman McLaren

My Animations
SuperSGL

Post by SuperSGL »

Before I forget this post was started by sang820... Nice! very well animated! goodluck! Love the colors really pops.
"Animation is not the art of drawings that move but the art of movements that are drawn."
Norman McLaren

My Animations
sang820

Post by sang820 »

SuperSGL wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:31 pm Before I forget this post was started by sang820... Nice! very well animated! goodluck! Love the colors really pops.
:shock: Hahaha, thank you, this kind of communication and discussion is very good :shock: