MR Curve Tool 4.1

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

KuzKuz

Re: MR Curve Tool 3.0 BETA

Post by KuzKuz »

DK wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:12 am Great tool Eugene! Just downloaded to test and getting this black screen whenever I try to drag either end point.

EDIT: Restarted Moho and screen is still blacking out when I select and try to drag the end points of an open curve at either end.
Cheers
D.K
Thank you for the feedback, but I can't open the image. Can you record a video of the problem? Do you have a Mac or a PC?
KuzKuz

Post by KuzKuz »

Greenlaw wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:30 am It's late here so I only played a little with the new Beta. I wanted to confirm this is correct for version 3.0:

To insert a point between two existing points, no points should be selected. Just click where you want to insert the point or click and drag to insert and move the point.

To extend a curve, no points should be selected. Just click on an end point and continue drawing with the tool.

To move or adjust a point, at least one point in the curve must first be selected using Shift+Ctrl+Alt. Once a point is selected, clicking and dragging over any point on the curve will move it. Press Ctrl and drag over a point to adjust its curvature.

So long as one point is active/selected, it's not necessary to select another point with Shift+Ctrl+Alt to move or adjust points; MR Curve will automatically switch the selection when you click on an unselected point.

To use the Transform widget, select multiple points using Shift+Ctrl+Alt and the widget will appear. This mode can be used on non-zero frames for animation just like the regular Transform Points tool.

Looking forward to giving this latest beta a proper workout as soon as I'm able to.
When nothing is selected, the tool works in drawing mode; when points are selected, it works in transformation mode.
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

Some great new updates. Exceptional work.

A few oddities ... which may be caused by my odd practices ...
1) Double-click to weld & close path, closes & creates Shape, but then has a dangle (i.e. continues new path). Single-click is OK. I am just in a habit of dbl-click to end paths (sometimes)
2) [Enter] to weld & close path, does not close path (i.e. Weld ignored).
3) Dragging an end to another point/end closes path but does not create a Shape
4) When creating Shape (or closed path) with all Sharp corners (or just start/end sharp), start/end point is an odd half-sharp/bezier point - when transforming.
5) Creating Sharp path with only 2 points (+ dangling) and hit Esc - and a ginormous handle/line is created
6) I think I would like an option to click-to-select point rather than click-to-extend path. Possibly with click-to-extend selected point. The whole ctrl-alt-shift to select (or short-press 'g') is not such a smooth process, unless selecting multiple points.
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
DK

Post by DK »

Hi Eugene. Here's a grab of what's happening.
http://www.creativetvandmedia.com/Forum/MrCurve.mp4

Cheers
D.K
KuzKuz

Post by KuzKuz »

SimplSam wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:21 am Some great new updates. Exceptional work.

A few oddities ... which may be caused by my odd practices ...
1) Double-click to weld & close path, closes & creates Shape, but then has a dangle (i.e. continues new path). Single-click is OK. I am just in a habit of dbl-click to end paths (sometimes)
4) When creating Shape (or closed path) with all Sharp corners (or just start/end sharp), start/end point is an odd half-sharp/bezier point - when transforming.
5) Creating Sharp path with only 2 points (+ dangling) and hit Esc - and a ginormous handle/line is created
6) I think I would like an option to click-to-select point rather than click-to-extend path. Possibly with click-to-extend selected point. The whole ctrl-alt-shift to select (or short-press 'g') is not such a smooth process, unless selecting multiple points.
Thank you for the feedback!

1. - 5. I'll try to fix it
6. If a click will select a point, how do we start or continue creating points? Any suggestions?

DK wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:39 am Hi Eugene. Here's a grab of what's happening.
http://www.creativetvandmedia.com/Forum/MrCurve.mp4

Cheers
D.K
Thank you for the video, yes, I see the problem, it seems to be related to the GPU and I don't know how to reproduce it in order to have the ability to test it.
But I will try to check everything just in case. What video card do you have?
EricTheFish

Post by EricTheFish »

Hi Eugene,
I can confirm the same behaviour that SimplSam outlined in points 1-5 of his reply.

In addition, creating an open path with Auto-Weld disabled and then dragging an end point over the other end point, still causes an auto-weld and closes the path.
Dragging an end point over the path between points works as expected, auto-weld is ignored.

Also, I don't get the black screen issue mentioned in DK's reply either with or without GPU mode. I'm using Win10 x64 with a QuadroFX P4000 card.
EricTheFish
Artist, musician, animator, coder and dabbler in stuff
www.tech-nique.co.uk
KuzKuz

Post by KuzKuz »

EricTheFish wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:24 pm Hi Eugene,
I can confirm the same behaviour that SimplSam outlined in points 1-5 of his reply.

In addition, creating an open path with Auto-Weld disabled and then dragging an end point over the other end point, still causes an auto-weld and closes the path.
Dragging an end point over the path between points works as expected, auto-weld is ignored.

Also, I don't get the black screen issue mentioned in DK's reply either with or without GPU mode. I'm using Win10 x64 with a QuadroFX P4000 card.
Thanks, I'll fix that.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

KuzKuz wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:10 am When nothing is selected, the tool works in drawing mode; when points are selected, it works in transformation mode.
Ah, that's an easier way to think about it. Thanks! :D
DK

Post by DK »

Hi Eugene. I found the solution! (for my system at least).
The laptop I am using is my secondary internet pc and is not very powerful and no graphics card so I had deselected "Enable GPU" in Moho. When I enable it the black screen effect stops! :) Maybe someone could try same and confirm. Strange how it only occurs when you attempt to drag only the end points of an open curve. Other points within the curve can be dragged and this doesn't occur. This is a great script and thank you so much for your wonderful contributions to the forum.
Cheers
D.K
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I'm not seeing that here, GPU enabled or disabled (I usually leave it off for reasons explained elsewhere.)

Maybe need to update the graphics driver?
DK

Post by DK »

Just confirming updated driver worked!
Cheers
D.K
KuzKuz

Post by KuzKuz »

It seems I have fixed the following issues:

6) Creating an open path with Auto-Weld disabled and then dragging an end point over the other end point, still causes an auto-weld and closes the path.

Also, I added the ability to reset the pivot position of the transform box by double-clicking on it.

However, all of this needs to be tested, as it is entirely possible that these fixes may have broken something else in the functionality. I would be grateful for testing.

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Jafrrl ... sp=sharing
KuzKuz

Post by KuzKuz »

DK wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:17 am Just confirming updated driver worked!
Cheers
D.K
Thanks for the feedback!
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

KuzKuz wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:12 am It seems I have fixed the following issues:
6) Creating an open path with Auto-Weld disabled and then dragging an end point over the other end point, still causes an auto-weld and closes the path.
7) Reset the pivot position of the transform box by double-clicking on it.
Indeed it does. Everything working as expected.

w.r.t. " If a click will select a point, how do we start or continue creating points? Any suggestions?"

With the '???' option selected - clicking a point will select it, and non-point will start a draw. To continue points - you would need to be in the 'normal' draw mode which behaves as now. Also behaviourally - when I am transforming selected points it is great, but when I lose selection it then feels awkward to get something else selected (point, selection or shape). You mentioned Draw vs Transform mode before, and maybe this new option could enforce Transform/Select Priority - with the following:
- Paths: Click to select for Transform
- Shape: Click to select for Transform
- Click & Drag (non-point) for bounding box selection
- Click none-of-the-above to start a new Curve draw
* all the above assumes there is no current transform box & curve draw or you are clicking outside of a current transform box region
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
EricTheFish

Post by EricTheFish »

KuzKuz wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:12 am It seems I have fixed the following issues:
Hi Eugene, with "auto-weld" disabled, I'm not getting any "weld" function when using the Enter key, either on it's own or with any other key combinations.
EricTheFish
Artist, musician, animator, coder and dabbler in stuff
www.tech-nique.co.uk