MR Curve Tool 4.1

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

KuzKuz

Re: MR Curve Tool

Post by KuzKuz »

Great! Thanks for helping me find the problem and fix it. I updated the script to version 2.2 on mohoscripts.com
mgo

Post by mgo »

I really thought that I had gotten used to the Add Points tool. Watching Your video alone made me doubt, and actually using the tool makes me realise how much better it is.

Thank You so much for sharing!
🚀
KuzKuz

Post by KuzKuz »

Thanks!
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Hi Eugene,

I've been using MR Curve Tool for several weeks now and enjoying it very much.

If it's not too much to ask, I have a few requests for the tool:

1. Can MR Curve Tool be allowed to move an inserted point until the mouse is released, like how the original Add Points tool can? Like so...

Having this would mean I wouldn't have to switch between MR Curve Tool and Transform Points as often.

2. Can MR Curve Tool recognize the Shift key for horizontal and vertical constraint like the Add Points tool does? This is not something I need often but I was surprised this didn't happen when I tried it the other day.

3. Can MR Curve Tool be allowed to work on non-zero frames when Draw Only On Frame 0 in Preferences is disabled? This is only an issue when I want to use the tool to trace a later frame of an imported Image Sequence, and right now MR Curve Tool ignores the Preferences setting.

These were just a few things I noticed while using the tool in an actual production situation, and not having the above doesn't diminish MR Curve Tool's usefulness to me, so it's totally cool if this is not possible.

Thanks for listening, and please keep up the incredible work!
KuzKuz

Post by KuzKuz »

Greenlaw wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:19 pm Hi Eugene,

I've been using MR Curve Tool for several weeks now and enjoying it very much.

If it's not too much to ask, I have a few requests for the tool:

1. Can MR Curve Tool be allowed to move an inserted point until the mouse is released, like how the original Add Points tool can? Like so...

Having this would mean I wouldn't have to switch between MR Curve Tool and Transform Points as often.

2. Can MR Curve Tool recognize the Shift key for horizontal and vertical constraint like the Add Points tool does? This is not something I need often but I was surprised this didn't happen when I tried it the other day.

3. Can MR Curve Tool be allowed to work on non-zero frames when Draw Only On Frame 0 in Preferences is disabled? This is only an issue when I want to use the tool to trace a later frame of an imported Image Sequence, and right now MR Curve Tool ignores the Preferences setting.

These were just a few things I noticed while using the tool in an actual production situation, and not having the above doesn't diminish MR Curve Tool's usefulness to me, so it's totally cool if this is not possible.

Thanks for listening, and please keep up the incredible work!
Hello! Thank you for the feedback.

1. I think this can be done.
2. Theoretically yes, but then an offset will appear between the cursor and the point.
3. It gets more complicated here. In non-zero frames, the script behaves unpredictably, although it shouldn't.
This may be related to the behavior of Moho itself.
I'm afraid this requires significantly rewriting the logic, and I'm not entirely sure it will work.
When I have the opportunity, I will look into these points in more detail.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Hi Eugene,
KuzKuz wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:41 pm 1. I think this can be done.
If possible that would be awesome! Of these three, this is the one I wish to see the most.
2. Theoretically yes, but then an offset will appear between the cursor and the point.
Ah, that makes sense, and no biggie if not doable. Shift-constrain is nice to have but not important when I'm focused on drawing quickly, which is the main reason I use MR Curve Tool. :)
3. It gets more complicated here. In non-zero frames, the script behaves unpredictably, although it shouldn't.
This may be related to the behavior of Moho itself.
I'm afraid this requires significantly rewriting the logic, and I'm not entirely sure it will work.
Ah, I see. Again, not a big problem if it's not doable. I worked around this last week by simply importing that specific frame as a still image for tracing at frame 0 and that worked perfectly fine.

Thanks for your reply and consideration!
KuzKuz

Post by KuzKuz »

Version 2.4 BETA

New features:

1. Now you can move the newly created point that you created in the middle of the segment as it works in the Add Point Tool.

2. The Shift modifier has been changed to Alt to weld points when the Auto Weld option is turned off.

3. Now you can move points only horizontally or only vertically using the Shift modifier as it works in the Add Point Tool.

Please test the tool and let me know if everything works well and if nothing is broken.

Download link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Jafrrl ... sp=sharing
lucasfranca

Post by lucasfranca »

KuzKuz wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:21 pm Version 2.4 BETA

New features:

1. Now you can move the newly created point that you created in the middle of the segment as it works in the Add Point Tool.

2. The Shift modifier has been changed to Alt to weld points when the Auto Weld option is turned off.

3. Now you can move points only horizontally or only vertically using the Shift modifier as it works in the Add Point Tool.

Please test the tool and let me know if everything works well and if nothing is broken.

Great! It's getting super, super complete! Is there a way to add a curvature control while dragging the new point created? Maybe with the CTRL key?
An old guy [since 1983] who was raised in front of the TV.
Passionate about animation, after getting old, he decides to make it his hobby.

I share tutorials, reviews, tips and tricks from this vast world of animation on my channel.

https://youtube.com/animai2D
KuzKuz

Post by KuzKuz »

lucasfranca wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:58 pm Is there a way to add a curvature control while dragging the new point created? Maybe with the CTRL key?
Added the feature, please test it and let me know if everything works fine.

KuzKuz

Post by KuzKuz »

So, here's the complete list of new features in version 2.4:
  • 1. Now, you can move a newly created point in the middle of a segment, similar to how it works with the Add Point Tool.
    Also, this works if you just select an existing point.
    • - You can toggle the Fixed Bezier Handles option on and off while moving a point using the Alt modifier, giving you different results.
    • - You can control the curvature of this point using the Ctrl modifier.
  • 2. The Shift modifier has been changed to Alt for welding points when the Auto Weld option is disabled.
  • 3. Now, you can move points only horizontally or vertically using the Shift modifier, just like in the Add Point Tool.
  • 4. Grid mode is now supported.
Please test this tool and let me know if everything works as intended.

Last edited by KuzKuz on Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Eugene,

Wow! I hadn't expected you to get this far so quickly. I'm downloading the latest beta right now and will begin testing it this evening. I'll let you know how it goes as soon as possible.

Thank you so much for your hard and excellent work! 😸
KuzKuz

Post by KuzKuz »

Thank you! I've added the ability to move and adjust the curvature for existing points. You just need to select a single point.

Please download the latest version of the script.

mohgirl

Post by mohgirl »

Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Hi Eugene,

I need to practice a bit to get used to the new features but so far 2.4 is a very cool update!

@mohgirl, I'm not seeing those errors here. Are you sure you installed each part in the correct folders? (I'm going to try breaking it here and see what happens.)

Update: I thought maybe if the MR Curve resource folder was removed that would produce the error but, not, I just got a proper warning that the resource was missing. Maybe there's another script that's interfering with MR Curve on your computer?

@mohgirl, can you explain what steps to take to generate the error?
mohgirl

Post by mohgirl »

Greenlaw wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:45 am Hi Eugene,

I need to practice a bit to get used to the new features but so far 2.4 is a very cool update!

@mohgirl, I'm not seeing those errors here. Are you sure you installed each part in the correct folders? (I'm going to try breaking it here and see what happens.)

Update: I thought maybe if the MR Curve resource folder was removed that would produce the error but, not, I just got a proper warning that the resource was missing. Maybe there's another script that's interfering with MR Curve on your computer?

@mohgirl, can you explain what steps to take to generate the error?
An error occurred during the previous installation in the software default location. Later, it was installed in the created content folder and there was no problem