Keep IExplorer on your system!

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

SuperSGL

Keep IExplorer on your system!

Post by SuperSGL »

I went to a website and read an article for cleaning up Windows 10 and one of the suggestions was to uninstall IExplorer. You may not want to do this just yet. I have VEGAS Pro and all of a sudden it wasn't connecting to Activate the software on my system. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling, it wouldn't even let me reinstall. After tech support I got a link to another thread in the help forum and it mentioned they use IExplorer to communicate with the computer. On Windows 10 you have to install it through Apps & features / Additional features and reboot. This seemed to work I was able to reinstall the program and it's running fine. Other companies ie IBM still use it to communicate as well. IE is being phased out don't know how to do this on Win 11 but looks like these companies will have to make changes. Even though "Windows 10 will be the last version..." yup, sure.
"Animation is not the art of drawings that move but the art of movements that are drawn."
Norman McLaren

My Animations
Greenlaw

Re: Keep IExplorer on your system!

Post by Greenlaw »

Yikes! That's good to know.

As a general rule, I try not to mess with Windows components. I might hide or disable features but I don't want to permanently remove them. I figure MS will remove stuff themselves when they're ready to, and hopefully give developers fair warning about it.
SuperSGL

Re: Keep IExplorer on your system!

Post by SuperSGL »

Yea the Microsoft website say's they phased out IE on June 15th 2022. The latest version of Edge (which is not the one I like using) has a new IE mode. Probably just for older websites or something. For now I think that just means no more security updates for IE.
"Animation is not the art of drawings that move but the art of movements that are drawn."
Norman McLaren

My Animations