MR Transform Rig Tool 1.2.4

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

KuzKuz

MR Transform Rig Tool 1.2.4

Post by KuzKuz »

This tool allows you to transform parts of the rig without breaking its actions.
The tool can also duplicate parts of the rig and move them to other rigs.

Download link: https://mohoscripts.com/script/mr_transform_rig_tool
Last edited by KuzKuz on Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
davoodice2

Re: MR Transform Rig Tool

Post by davoodice2 »

always Perfect !
thanks for sharing your awesome hard work.
I appreciate you.
خیام اگر ز باده مستی خوش باش
با ماهرخی اگر نشستی خوش باش
چون عاقبت کار جهان نیستی است
انگار که نیستی چو هستی خوش باش
lucasfranca

Post by lucasfranca »

This is one of the most amazing tools I've seen from Moho. It should be embedded and native!

Congratulations Eugene and everyone involved in the development of this tool.
An old guy [since 1983] who was raised in front of the TV.
Passionate about animation, after getting old, he decides to make it his hobby.

I share tutorials, reviews, tips and tricks from this vast world of animation on my channel.

https://youtube.com/animai2D
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

This is an absolute game changer, Eugene. Incredibly useful and well done. It's fair to say that this tool will have a huge positive impact in how every user will work with Moho.

I like it so much that I just hope it will end being built in so it's continuity and support can be set in stone every new Moho version.

Thank you!
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Wait, what kind of crazy magic is this Kuzkuz? :shock:

As always, thanks for creating awesome tools and making them available, and please keep up the excellent work!
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

...especially your system for reusing rig parts for another character rig. This capability should be a game-changer for artists using Moho in studio productions.

Well, I think I know how I'll be spending this afternoon. 😸
Last edited by Greenlaw on Tue May 31, 2022 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EricTheFish

Post by EricTheFish »

Well this is just AWESOME Eugene! Thank you so much for all your efforts!
EricTheFish
Artist, musician, animator, coder and dabbler in stuff
www.tech-nique.co.uk
KuzKuz

Post by KuzKuz »

Thanks everyone! Please let me know about your experience with the script.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

I have only scrached the surface and I still don't understand what every button does.

I have used it three times:

First I duplicated an arm, from L to R, and everything went very well like in your video. The renaming was awesome. The actions and layers that had an L were renamed to R, and those that didn't have an L didn't suffer any renaming. Just as I wanted.

Then I wanted to use it just to move a bone to a specific numerical position (with its relevant layers), but on your tool I missed the numerical options for the bone values, like angle or position. However I saw it has an Edit section that permits numerical relative changes to the bone position. Not so convenient but it allowed me to do the math and move it there.

And the last thing I have tried is to change the rig and have the timeline updated with the animation adapted to those changes, because if the tool can adapt the actions I supposed it could adapt the timeline's animation too (maybe there is an option I didn't see?) But what I tried didn't adapt the animation on the timeline so, I reverted the changes, copied my animation to a new action, and that way I had my animation adapted inside it, and copied it to the main timeline.

I think that animation adaptation feature is interesting because it changes the reusability of the actions. Now you can adapt your saved actions to any rig's main position and rotation and you can make the actions still work in that position without fighting with it, like relative actions instead of absolute.

I will give more feedback as I use it more. I feel I have to relearn a lot of things because some of the rig design choices I have learnt these years are just obsolete or not the best now that I can count on your tool. I can already confirm it is a game changer!
lucasfranca

Post by lucasfranca »

KuzKuz wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 7:58 pm Thanks everyone! Please let me know about your experience with the script.
I've been using it since the beta version and I can say that it works super well, fulfilling what it promises! My Rigs production gained another rhythm and changes, reusing members then... Thank you very much!

I wonder what you still think about producing, my friend! Really impressive your work!
An old guy [since 1983] who was raised in front of the TV.
Passionate about animation, after getting old, he decides to make it his hobby.

I share tutorials, reviews, tips and tricks from this vast world of animation on my channel.

https://youtube.com/animai2D
KuzKuz

Post by KuzKuz »

Thanks for the feedback! This is very important for me.
I would like to add additional fields for working with numerical values directly to the panel, but unfortunately the panel is very limited in size.
I hope that someday it will be possible to work more flexibly with panels, so that scripts can play the role of not just tools and buttons, but also full-fledged plug-ins.
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

This is amazing! I haven't used it much yet because it's a bit overwhelming, but there's so much in the video that I've wanted to be able to do so often. Thank you!
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

KuzKuz wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:45 am
I would like to add additional fields for working with numerical values directly to the panel, but unfortunately the panel is very limited in size.
Yeah, I see how you added aditional options for the same button holding alt, that's very clever. Maybe alt clicking the bone properties buttons could bring the numerical values, or something like that.
KuzKuz wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:45 am I hope that someday it will be possible to work more flexibly with panels, so that scripts can play the role of not just tools and buttons, but also full-fledged plug-ins.
I can't imagine what could you do with that. That would be very good for Moho and its users.
teotoon

Post by teotoon »

Wonderful script !!! Extremely useful. I tried in a very complex scene and it worked like charm.

Millions of thanks KUZKUZ,

Cheers,

LG
chucky

Post by chucky »

I think I've praised this work elsewhere, I just noticed I haven't here, so I go.
Amazing work KuzKuz ( Eugene) :D