Crashing When Alt Clicking Switch Layers

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

EricRonin

Crashing When Alt Clicking Switch Layers

Post by EricRonin »

Ok so i've had this issue for a few years now. Basically you're able to Alt+Click on a layer within a switch folder to swap to that layer, and it auto makes a keyframe of that swap for you. This is super convenient and saves time from having to right click the folder and pick a layer. However, this seems to be extremely buggy as not only is it laggy, but after like two or three times doing this, the entire software will crash.

The software has had multiple updates since i've been having this issue, and it's never been fixed, nor do i see anyone else mention it. I'm running Windows 10, and i'm always on the latest version. I've upgraded my PC multiple times, and it's always persisted. Completely reinstalling the software doesn't fix it either.

It's a really cool feature if it would work, and would speed up the process so much, but the crashing just makes it unusable.

Anyone else ever come across this issue before? Maybe someone has a solution?
synthsin75

Re: Crashing When Alt Clicking Switch Layers

Post by synthsin75 »

I've never seen this problem. Alt-clicking to switch works fine here.

Could there be some other software trying to do something else with your alt+click?
EricRonin

Post by EricRonin »

Not really no. The only things that are running that have been there since long before i got the software would be the Nvidia driver software. That's just for my graphics drivers though, and i'm pretty sure anyone with an Nvidia GPU would have that running too. Anything else running are relatively recent things, which i've had this issue since before having those software on my computer.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

I can't reproduce it on Moho 13.5.5.

What version of Moho do you have?

Did it happen each and every time you used that shortcut?

If you are not using the latest Moho version, then I recomend you to try these things to see if any makes a difference:

Undock the style panel.

Desactivate the auto-save feature on Moho settings.

Delete all reference layers and create them again (to get rid of any corrupted one).