Can't copy-paste keyframes from multiple layers inside actions

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Daxel

Can't copy-paste keyframes from multiple layers inside actions

Post by Daxel »

I was adjusting the timing of my animation inside an action's timeline, so I activated the timeline visibility of the three animated layers, copy-pasted a range of keyframes from those three layers at the same time and realized that only the keyframes of the selected layer were pasted.

Tested in smart actions too, with the same result.

On the timeline it pastes all the copied keyframes of the three layers, like expected.
synthsin75

Re: Can't copy-paste keyframes from multiple layers inside actions

Post by synthsin75 »

This might be because Moho has to check that layers being edited are part of the action. Selected layers either are part of the action, will add the action when keyed, or will bounce out the action if not in the group. Moho probably isn't checking that timeline visible layers are valid for the edited action, as that could hurt performance if you have a ton of layers visible on the timeline.

Selecting multiple layers works in an action though and automatically show on the timeline.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

I'm not sure if I understand you. I tried selecting multiple layers too, and that also shows them all in the timeline but I still can't paste keyframes copied from more than one layer at the same time like I can do in the main timeline.

I guess it has something to do with what you say, it's like Moho is treating the action's timelines of the animated layers as independent timelines or something like that.

Using the Key Tools script from A.Evseeva, I can confirm that it can be done without problems, there you can use the copy and paste custom buttons and it will paste the multiple layer's keyframes.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Oops, missed the part about pasting.

In this case, I'd build my action on the mainline and copy to the action...until this is fixed.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

Nice workarround. The Key Tools script is being super useful too. I'm still not sure what half of the buttons do but I'm loving it.