blob brush workspace and merge stroke

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

takuya

blob brush workspace and merge stroke

Post by takuya »

I can't draw finely while enlarging the workspace.
Because it goes back to the magnification that shows all the shapes.
Is it necessary to automatically change the magnification during drawing?

If there is a check mark in the merge stroke of the blob brush
I want to fix it with blob brush even if it is a fixed shape.
Easy to create layer masking.

Last edited by takuya on Sat May 14, 2022 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greenlaw

Re: blob brush workspace and merge stroke

Post by Greenlaw »

That's the nature of Blob Brush: when you draw across the screen edge or output boundary, Moho needs to zoom back to trace the entire image. My understanding is that this was expected behavior because when you go past the edge, Moho needs to reset the boundary to trace the entire image.

That said, I agree this is an annoying quirk of the tool. It makes it difficult to draw details and and it's one of a handful of reasons I avoid using the Blob Brush. Curiously, the Freehand tool does not have this problem.

I recall having this discussion with the previous development team and I think the issue was fixed in Moho 13.0. I no longer have that version installed to check on that, but regardless I'll bring it up with the current development team. If this had been fixed in 13.0, maybe they can apply the fix to 13.5.x. If it's more complicated than that, we'll probably have to wait to see what Moho 14.0 brings us.

BTW, for the type of art you're drawing in your example, I suggest using a paint program and then importing the art into Moho. If your paint program can convert the image to vector art, export the vector version to SVG format, and then import that to Moho.
takuya

Post by takuya »

Thank you very much.
With mohopro13.0.2 Build610, I was able to draw even if I enlarged it.
However, it is unstable. A strange line comes in without permission.

I want to quickly create a brief explanation video.
I want to create a masking layer by fill it.

I draw with coreldraw and create SVG.
Last edited by takuya on Sat May 14, 2022 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Yeah, I thought the previous team fixed the Blob Brush auto zoom issue in 13.0.x. Thanks for confirming this.

Since the current team decided to reset Moho from version 12.5, this fix must have gotten lost. I'll ask if they can put it in since the work had been done once before.

As for the 'strange line', yeah, that's another error. For some reason the Blob Brush will create random points off-screen, which can result in an unwanted line. (I think Freehand might occasionally do this too.) I'll ask about that too.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Mon May 09, 2022 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Greenlaw wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 3:51 pm Yeah, I thought the previous team fixed the Blob Brush auto zoom issue in 13.0.x. Thanks for confirming this.
Since the current team decided to reset Moho from version 12.5, this fix must have gotten lost. I'll ask if they can put it in since the work had be done once before.
I think the previous team removed the zooming out behavior for the Blob brush, but actually that step is crucial to the way the Blob works. Moho traces the full shape eveytime you add a new detail and in order to do that, the full shape needs to be visible in the screen. So probably the issues shown in the gif above come from that skipped step in version 13.
We know the current behavior is far from being ideal and improving it is in our list of priorities for a future version.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Thanks for replying so quickly Victor!

Yes, I thought you guys would already be aware of this...it's quite distracting when trying to draw with it.

I'm looking forward to any improvements you have have planned for Moho's Freehand and Blob Brush drawing tools. TBH, I very much want to use these tools; they are soooo close to being there. 😺
takuya

Post by takuya »

I am very grateful.
I tried using CorelDraw and thought about how to weld with moho pro.

[youtube][https://youtu.be/YJfkX-YOVbY]
Last edited by takuya on Sat May 14, 2022 7:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

Greenlaw wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 7:02 pm I'm looking forward to any improvements you have have planned for Moho's Freehand and Blob Brush drawing tools. TBH, I very much want to use these tools; they are soooo close to being there. 😺
+1!
Another thing about the blob brush is that the smallest size (0.01) is actually not small at all. Vector drawing tools being improved is what really excites me about Moho's future, it would be incredibly powerful combined with the features we have.