An Encouraging SB Test

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

3deeguy

An Encouraging SB Test

Post by 3deeguy »

I'm taking advantage of a child bone's ability to orbit the parent bone at a constant radius. I'm trying to achieve an accurate parallax in my turns.
I bind vertical lines to each of the child bones and then use those lines as guides to shift-drag and scale layers.
My goal is to use the same technique with faces. There is a learning curve but I'm making progress. The difference with faces is that I have to use point animation which is more time consuming but that's the effect that I'm after.
Cheers, Larry
Little Yamori

Re: An Encouraging SB Test

Post by Little Yamori »

Hope to see you do a face turn soon!!
3deeguy

Post by 3deeguy »

Little Yamori wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:54 am Hope to see you do a face turn soon!!
Thank you. I would have replied sooner if I had seen the notification.
I'm still a long way from a 'satisfactory' head turn. I never started building my ideal character because I set my goals so high. I regret that.
I just decided to build an 'incomplete' character. My ideal character will sit at a desk speaking directly into the camera and be able to nod 'yes' and 'no'. My current YouTube channel-tab character can't do that.
I've decided to create episodes where I improve upon the 'artwork' of previous episodes.
You artwork has always had a 'realistic' look which has influenced my work.
(I logged in to the forum to find phonemes. I think they are called "Preston phonemes.)"
Cheers, Larry
Little Yamori

Post by Little Yamori »

I hope your able to get it done and have it work the way you want. That's always the hard part, getting it from a vision in your head to a completed work that somehow mimics (but is never quite how it's originally envisioned) the inspiration. I struggle with it all the time.
There'll probably come the tech (neurolink) where we'll be able to think it and the software will make the animation for us. (scary). But where's the fun in that :D
3deeguy

Post by 3deeguy »

Little Yamori wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:19 pm I hope your able to get it done and have it work the way you want.
Thanks. :D
I'll keep working on what I have envisioned but in the meantime, I'm going to finish designing and rigging the character I'm working on at the moment. This character will have phonemes and expressions but will not be able to nod 'yes' and 'no'.
I will also work on interpolated hand gestures but if I'm not satisfied with the results I won't let it stop me from publishing my first episode.
Cheers, Larry