moho 13.5.3 smart bone movement bug

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

AHMED003ADALAT

moho 13.5.3 smart bone movement bug

Post by AHMED003ADALAT »

here's a little bug that i found on latest update, when i move smart bones from keyframe to another, it doesn't move until it's very close to the next key it doesn't transition well and they all on smooth, it happens occasionally not all the time but very annoying to fix each time, i think using manipulate tool did the issue as transform tool fixes it with just a click or re-rotating the bone:roll:
synthsin75

Re: moho 13.5.3 smart bone movement bug

Post by synthsin75 »

Do you have a simple example file with the problem?
AHMED003ADALAT

Post by AHMED003ADALAT »

synthsin75 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:11 am Do you have a simple example file with the problem?
not now but happens occasionally, like i see weird snapping in animation i check everything is fine but then i find that mostly all smart bones i got doesn't transition between 2 keyframes until the very end of the 2 one, tried to change to linear and to smooth but still there until i get the transform bone tool and do slight bit of movement in 2 key frame and they transition well, i think it happens with manipulate tool :?
anyway thank you for your fast response and i just noticed this bug to update you, doesn't happen that much though but when it happens its bit annoying
davoodice2

Post by davoodice2 »

AHMED003ADALAT wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:17 pm
synthsin75 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:11 am Do you have a simple example file with the problem?
not now but happens occasionally, like i see weird snapping in animation i check everything is fine but then i find that mostly all smart bones i got doesn't transition between 2 keyframes until the very end of the 2 one, tried to change to linear and to smooth but still there until i get the transform bone tool and do slight bit of movement in 2 key frame and they transition well, i think it happens with manipulate tool :?
anyway thank you for your fast response and i just noticed this bug to update you, doesn't happen that much though but when it happens its bit annoying
for smooth transition make smart bone actions in more wide frame range. if you make a smart action in 24 frames and then use it in animation in 48 frames it will be snappy.
خیام اگر ز باده مستی خوش باش
با ماهرخی اگر نشستی خوش باش
چون عاقبت کار جهان نیستی است
انگار که نیستی چو هستی خوش باش
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

I'm not sure about what's happening, we would need a file. But you say it happens only with manipulate bone tool so have in mind that these two tools are different in one key aspect that can be confusing:

When you rotate a bone with the transform bone tool, it will always rotate in the direction you rotated it. You are basically specifying an angle, like 90º. But when you do it with the manipulate bone tool, the bone will rotate in the direction that makes the path to its new position shorter, because with this tool you are specifying a direction but not an angle, and many angles can point to the same direction (for example 450º, 90º and -270º all point to the same direction).

I think this difference has something to do with the fact that the manipulate bone tool is meant to calculate automatic inverse kinematic movements of bone chains, so I'm not sure if that can be improved or not.