PSD layer names not importing

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Karl Toon

PSD layer names not importing

Post by Karl Toon »

I imported a PSD file saved as PSD from ClipStudio. The file imports and all the layers are correct, but the layer names are not importing. Is this a bug, or am I missing something. Thanks.

"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse." - Walt E. Disney
Greenlaw

Re: PSD layer names not importing

Post by Greenlaw »

I haven't tried bringing in anything from CSP yet, only Photoshop and I think Krita. Will give it a go later and get back to you.
Karl Toon

Post by Karl Toon »

I seem to have it sorted now. In the "eye.l" folder there were some unnamed layers, so MOHO didn't like it. Once I sorted that, all seems to be working.

"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse." - Walt E. Disney
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Ah, okay. I guess that makes sense since Moho now uses the Layer name as well as Layer ID. Previously, Moho used only Layer ID to keep track of layers, which led to some update issues when adding, deleting and merging layers in the paint program. The new system works more reliably in these situations.

I'll have to check but Moho probably prefers unique names to help it sort layer changes made in CSP (or whichever PSD compatible paint program you use.)
chucky

Post by chucky »

Yes it's crucial to name all your layers accurately in Clip.
DO this and you'll be happy, if you get sloppy though...well, just don't :D

The new PSD update capabilities in Moho are excellent, the encouragement to name properly is only beneficial.