Nested interpolation not working with mesh warp, cross fade switch keys

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

madrobot

Nested interpolation not working with mesh warp, cross fade switch keys

Post by madrobot »

I am developing a project using a hybrid of clay stop motion and Moho mesh warp techniques and have hit 2 hurdles which have prompted these feature requests:
1 - Nested interpolation is not working with switch layers which are a mix of image and vector (mesh warp) layers.
2 - Cross fade switching. Instead of switching on the frame from one switch layer to the next, a blended cross fading switch from the first switch into the next one would be a game changer for me. Whether you arbitrarily fade over 3 or 5 frames, or better yet type the frame range into a field, that would be even better!
jahnocli

Re: Nested interpolation not working with mesh warp, cross fade switch keys

Post by jahnocli »

Couldn't you do cross fade switching in a video editor?
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
chucky

Post by chucky »

jahnocli wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:45 pm Couldn't you do cross fade switching in a video editor?
Couldn't you animate in a video editor? :mrgreen:

I think madrobot is talking about animating dialogue, he obviously has a reason to do it in Moho ( this isn't his first rodeo).
madrobot

Post by madrobot »

jahnocli wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:45 pm Couldn't you do cross fade switching in a video editor?
I'm looking at automating lip sync as much as possible, and using switch with mesh warp to interpolate between phonemes. The switch interpolation will morph the mouth shapes from one to another, and a cross fade on the image switch would smooth the transition between sclpts. *chef's kiss*