How to Make a Simple Transformer

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Iman3D

How to Make a Simple Transformer

Post by Iman3D »

Greenlaw

Re: How to Make a Simple Transformer

Post by Greenlaw »

Ha ha! That's super fun Iman3D. I especially like the lag in the head animation and how the changes are slightly asymmetrical and don't happen all at the same time.

Another very fine (and cute!) demo.
Iman3D

Post by Iman3D »

Greenlaw wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:07 pm Ha ha! That's super fun Iman3D. I especially like the lag in the head animation and how the changes are slightly asymmetrical and don't happen all at the same time.

Another very fine (and cute!) demo.
Thank you very much, yes ,different timing is one of the most important principle of animation, thank you for your attention.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

This isn't the same thing but your workflow reminded me of how I animated a transforming rock monster for Trolls. It's a super short scene and it can be seen here at 0:25 seconds...

https://vimeo.com/364548450

All the rocks are Moho vectors layers and they basically get reshaped as they move toward the rig, so the technique similar but applied to a different result. I thought this animation would be harder to do, but Moho made it pretty easy.

Don't you love Moho's flexibility? 😺

Anyway, I'll look forward to watching your next video.
Iman3D

Post by Iman3D »

Greenlaw wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:53 pm This isn't the same thing but your workflow reminded me of how I animated a transforming rock monster for Trolls. It's a super short scene and it can be seen here at 0:25 seconds...

All the rocks are Moho vectors layers and they basically get reshaped as they move toward the rig, so the technique similar but applied to a different result. I thought this animation would be harder to do, but Moho made it pretty easy.

Wooooow,It was wonderful, thank you, your work is Great :shock: :P
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I think the demo videos you've been creating are very cool, insightful, and well done. It really makes me want to do some too! :D

Please keep up the great work
Iman3D

Post by Iman3D »

Greenlaw wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:19 pm I think the demo videos you've been creating are very cool, insightful, and well done. It really makes me want to do some too! :D

Please keep up the great work
Thank you, I will do my best for more artists and eventually more studios to work with this software.
I try to be much more practical in my videos
striker2311

Post by striker2311 »

Greenlaw wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:53 pm This isn't the same thing but your workflow reminded me of how I animated a transforming rock monster for Trolls. It's a super short scene and it can be seen here at 0:25 seconds...

Did you made all that with moho , anyway it was super amazing.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

The rock creature animation was entirely drawn and animated in Moho. For the lightning effect, I might have drawn and animated that in Moho and processed the effects in After Effects.

This task went very quickly (quicker than I expected anyway,) and this was because the animation you see is all the project file was designed for. In other words, I wouldn't be able to re-use this rig to do much else, which was fine because I wasn't asked to do anything else for this scene.