The Golden Gecko (Full Animation)

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Little Yamori

The Golden Gecko (Full Animation)

Post by Little Yamori »

Hi All,

Well, I suppose it was a bit naive and optimistic of me to have my work make it into The Siggraph festival on my first attempt, I just received the response that my work was not selected to be part of the event. That being said, I have it submitted to several other festivals and was selected in the only other festival to respond thus far, so there is hope for it after all :) .

I'm now able to share it here for anyone who would care to watch.

Feedback is welcome and appreciated.

DK

Re: The Golden Gecko (Full Animation)

Post by DK »

Love the animated ocean at around 18:80. Was that done in Moho?
If so I would love to see the file or a tutorial.
Great work!
D.K
Little Yamori

Post by Little Yamori »

Thanks so much for the nice response, and for taking the time to watch it all the way through!! (I hope the pace was ok)

Yes, all the animation was done in AS 11.2

Actually, I got all the help in doing this from an existing tutorial from Poptoogi (the old Guyver93 on this board). He has water and wave tutorial that I combined with a sky image. I skewed that bone layer with the sky image opacity dropped and blurred a bit, and made a mask over a couple of vector shapes moving up and down against the shore. The vector layers were filled with colder water colors with the opacity dropped. The foam against the rocks are another vector layer with noisy outlines and fills.

My process is actually pretty sloppy, as when I'm working late at night I'm not efficient, so instead of properly cycling some key frames, I end up manually adjusting them all until I have a complete mess, that in the end looks close to what I was hoping for.

Here's the Poptoogi tutorials I used as a starting point
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

Completing such a long piece is quite an accomplishment. The story is a bit young for my taste, but your effort clearly shows through.

Looking forward to your next project.
Little Yamori

Post by Little Yamori »

Neeters_Guy, Thanks for watching it!!

I'm working on a much shorter animation (trying to keep it in the 6 minute range), but it will still be focused on the same audience age though