Spit Shapes

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

x-vishon

Spit Shapes

Post by x-vishon »

Would love to see a hotkey to split selected points or shapes to a new layer with a name prompt.

Very basic, like if you build a face on a single layer but decide you want to split the eyes into seperate layers for rigging you enter a hot key or press a button, type a name, and it cuts the points to a new layer with that name.

Would be a nice time saver rather than making a bunch of layers, renaming them, and back and forth cutting points from the source layer.
~ David McInnis
SimplSam

Re: Spit Shapes

Post by SimplSam »

There may already be a script that does most of what you need.

In the menu: Scripts » Layer Effects » RT Break Apart Shapes

To use it: Select the required shapes and then run the RT Break Apart Shapes tool. This will split out each selected shape into its own layer (or another single layer), with some options for naming.

You can prename Shapes and Shape Groups for it to work a bit more smoothly.

Ideally - I think it should also have an option to keep Shape Groups together (i.e. don't break apart separately). Also name layers using both Group and Shape names (at the moment it seems to do either or either).
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
davoodice2

Re: Spit Shapes

Post by davoodice2 »

x-vishon wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:46 am Would love to see a hotkey to split selected points or shapes to a new layer with a name prompt.

Very basic, like if you build a face on a single layer but decide you want to split the eyes into seperate layers for rigging you enter a hot key or press a button, type a name, and it cuts the points to a new layer with that name.

Would be a nice time saver rather than making a bunch of layers, renaming them, and back and forth cutting points from the source layer.
I remember exactly that I used a script like this, but now, unfortunately, I do not remember its name.
Update:
I find That in my old projects :D
very handy script by David Rylander
https://www.mediafire.com/file/jijvfo4p ... r.zip/file
خیام اگر ز باده مستی خوش باش
با ماهرخی اگر نشستی خوش باش
چون عاقبت کار جهان نیستی است
انگار که نیستی چو هستی خوش باش