3 Feature Requests

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Mishat

3 Feature Requests

Post by Mishat »

Hey everyone. Hope you are doing great. Here's my requests:

1. Quickly attach a shape to the surface of another shape with one click/command. I don't know about you but I can't emphasize enough how much life changing this would be for me. Every time I try to for example place a object to the floor I have to manually eye ball it , rotate around 3d space then nudge the object carefully. I don't know if there are any script for that.
Suppose I draw a cup and a table. then I select the cup and command it to attach to the surface of the table. then the cup attaches to the table. instead of manually drag and try best.

2. Hold Ctrl to change into shape select tool so that we can change colors quickly(releasing Ctrl changes back to the tool I was on) I thing it would be faster. sometime I forget why color is not changing then I remember I have to select the select shape tool.

3.keeping broken Bezier handle straight using shift?

I am still new may be those are silly requests. I don't know.
Last edited by Mishat on Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Daxel

Re: 3 Feature Requests

Post by Daxel »

1. Programs usually achieve this kind of things with a smart snap option that enables this snap to vector/shape among other kind of snaps. Could be nice to have it.

2. Remember that Moho allows you to hold any tool temporarily. You can bind the select shape tool to any key you want. And while you are, for example, using the add points tool, you can hold the select shape key, select a shape, and it will automatically go back to the add points tool when you release the select shape key.
Mishat

Post by Mishat »

Daxel wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:37 pm 2. Remember that Moho allows you to hold any tool temporarily. You can bind the select shape tool to any key you want. And while you are, for example, using the add points tool, you can hold the select shape key, select a shape, and it will automatically go back to the add points tool when you release the select shape key.
Thanks for reply. but it's not doing that for me. Do I have to change anything in the preference?
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

Mishat wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:11 pm
Daxel wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:37 pm 2. Remember that Moho allows you to hold any tool temporarily. You can bind the select shape tool to any key you want. And while you are, for example, using the add points tool, you can hold the select shape key, select a shape, and it will automatically go back to the add points tool when you release the select shape key.
Thanks for reply. but it's not doing that for me. Do I have to change anything in the preference?
I don't think so. Maybe it's because, when you don't have any shape, Moho doesn't let you pick the select shape tool. Check if that's the reason and try with other tools, it should work.
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

Mishat wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:11 am ...
2. Hold Ctrl to change into shape select tool so that we can change colors quickly(releasing Ctrl changes back to the tool I was on) I thing it would be faster. sometime I forget why color is not changing then I remember I have to select the select shape tool.

3.keeping broken Bezier handle straight using shift?
#2. You can use the temporary long-hold as suggested by Daxel (which would also be my recommend), or you could also use Shift Z to toggle between the last 2 used tools. i.e. Q to Switch to shape select, do your thang, then hit Shift-Z to go back to whatever previous tool was in use.

#3. Better control of Bezier handles is a long outstanding request by many...
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

SimplSam wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:17 am ...or you could also use Shift Z to toggle between the last 2 used tools.
Oo! That one is new to me. Thanks for sharing this tip!