Crowdsourced Cinema VT

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

cgrotke

Crowdsourced Cinema VT

Post by cgrotke »

Hi all,

Here's a little project we did this summer. Vermont folks did a Crowdsourced Cinema project, assigning scenes from Jurassic Park to creators throughout the state to remake. Everyone did different styles - live action, puppets, sheep as lead actors, and so on. We got our scene in late May and had to finish by early July. Our assignment was the scene where they first arrive on the island and see their first dinos.

Gave me a chance to try out the new Moho, but we were working really fast and had to so this in spare time and on weekends. Voices came from a friend and his family. (I was expecting the composing team to add some dramatic music over some parts, but I don't think that happened.)

If I had more time there are certainly things I'd fix about this, but for a toss off, I kinda enjoyed it. I also enjoyed the experience of matching shots to a "real" film. One big lesson - my close-ups were never as close as the original. I'd do a shot setup from memory, then go check the original. No matter how tight I had made the shot, the original was in closer. So I'd zoom in more. Interesting lesson.

The full edited film will be up on YouTube later this week, I think.
Christopher Grotke
MuseArts - Web Design & Animation
www.musearts.com