I Think I've Exceeded the Limits of 9.5

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

3deeguy

I Think I've Exceeded the Limits of 9.5

Post by 3deeguy »

I committed to finishing my 9.5 projects that I lost when my old PC died. It'll be a while before I can get a copy of MOHO 13.5. It's my fault.
I have always wanted to build characters that face the camera and that have the ability to nod and tilt heads slightly, not 360°, only about 30°.
I just built a rig that will let me do that but the video will show that the Smartbones will become cluttered quickly.
When I can get the latest copy I'll be able to get it done.
Cheers, Larry
chucky

Re: I Think I've Exceeded the Limits of 9.5

Post by chucky »

Oh, that looks like a lot of unnecessary torture to me.... and far too complicated for me to understand :shock:
If it's the best way forward for you then keep at it, sometimes though, scrapping an unwieldy approach might save headaches and misery in the long run?
3deeguy

Re: I Think I've Exceeded the Limits of 9.5

Post by 3deeguy »

Oh, that looks like a lot of unnecessary torture to me.... and far too complicated for me to understand :shock:
:D Thanks Chucky, that's a compliment from a world class animator! I made no attempt to explain it but you would understand the principle in less than five minutes. The side view of the head gave me the 'Z' axis. I didn't show the front head view which which gave me the 'X' and 'Y'.
I got the results I wanted which was a reliable turn without that elastic look that you get sometimes from vector animation. It is a lot of work but I wouldn't do it all the time. My YouTube channel page was animated with ASP7 Pro and the head turn in that animation was a lot of work. 'SmartBones' was a game changer. Life is still good. When I finally made my way back to the forum I found out Mike Clifton had come back.
Cheers, Larry