Bone offset "frame 0" mode

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Daxel

Bone offset "frame 0" mode

Post by Daxel »

Many times we want to reposition a group of bones with their associated drawings, and doing that manually is problematic because you can't put them exactly as they were and a small difference can mess the animations up, specially if there are smartbones involved. I think the most frequent reasons are when we are making adjustments to our rigs and when we import limbs, heads and other drawings with bones from other rigs or other projects, and we have to put them in a different place.

Right now the only easy way to reposition the bones with their associated drawings exactly as they were is using the Offset Bone Tool, but it only affects the rig after frame 0, and that is undesirable, mostly because frame 0 is the design mode and you may want to design and produce rigs seeing things were they are supposed to be.

I guess the tool was meant to support the "separated body parts" flexi-binding workflow, and for that reason it doesn't work on frame 0, but I would love to have a button or mode to make the Offset Bone Tool bake the changes into frame 0. Right now I use Hayasidist's bake frame script to bake those body parts repositionings on frame 0 but this feature would be much faster and easier to learn.

PS: The workflow with the bake frame script is described here: https://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewto ... 55#p199655