transform bone enhancement

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

davoodice2

transform bone enhancement

Post by davoodice2 »

I Like can add to selection remove from selection and clear selection directly in this tool.
I set shortcut for clear selection.
خیام اگر ز باده مستی خوش باش
با ماهرخی اگر نشستی خوش باش
چون عاقبت کار جهان نیستی است
انگار که نیستی چو هستی خوش باش
Daxel

Re: transform bone enhancement

Post by Daxel »

davoodice2 wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:09 am I Like can add to selection remove from selection and clear selection directly in this tool.
That could be useful, but how would you like it to work?

Modifier keys, for example, are already used to change between scale, translation, and fixed rotation.

I use the hold tool mode to hold the select bone tool when I want to quickly add to selection or clear selection but one thing that the Select Bone tool doesn't have and could be requested is the remove from selection feature. With Select Points, holding ALT you can remove from selection, but with Select Bones ALT doesn't do anything.
davoodice2

Post by davoodice2 »

Daxel wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:15 am
davoodice2 wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:09 am I Like can add to selection remove from selection and clear selection directly in this tool.

Modifier keys, for example, are already used to change between scale, translation, and fixed rotation.

I use the hold tool mode to hold the select bone tool when I want to quickly add to selection or clear selection but one thing that the Select Bone tool doesn't have and could be requested is the remove from selection feature. With Select Points, holding ALT you can remove from selection, but with Select Bones ALT doesn't do anything.
for example shift+ctrl add too selection and shift+ alt remove from selection and double click on out of bones clear selection
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

davoodice2 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:39 am
for example shift+ctrl add too selection and shift+ alt remove from selection and double click on out of bones clear selection
Yeah that could work. But the amount of pressed keys (2) is actually the same as holding the select bone key and using its modifiers. The problem I see is that the select bone tool default keybinding is the "B" and to use it you usually have to move your hand and maybe look at your keyboard, and not only that but reaching B and a modifier key is hard to do with one hand and involving a second hand is always a pain (having to leave the mouse/pen) so using shift+ctrl like you proposed is way more comfortable.

What I do is that I have my select bone tool binded to the "D" that is always under my left index finger (my left hand always rest in WASD gaming position) so I hold D to select and to clear selection, and D+shift to add to selection. And it is actually more comfortable than using Ctrl+shift because I already have a finger on the "D" and other on the shift.

I always do that, I change the keybindings of every program to be used only with my left hand in gaming position and the amount of keys (and modifiers) than I can press without looking to the keyboard, without moving my hand or leaving the mouse/pen make me way faster.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

davoodice2 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:39 am for example shift+ctrl add too selection and shift+ alt remove from selection and double click on out of bones clear selection
Pretty easy scripting mod to do yourself.
davoodice2

Post by davoodice2 »

synthsin75 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:08 pm
davoodice2 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:39 am for example shift+ctrl add too selection and shift+ alt remove from selection and double click on out of bones clear selection
Pretty easy scripting mod to do yourself.
easy for you. but cant under stand moho api. poor documentation.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

davoodice2 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:44 pm
synthsin75 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:08 pm Pretty easy scripting mod to do yourself.
Well, if you don't want to take advantage of this very helpful community, that's your choice.
davoodice2

Post by davoodice2 »

synthsin75 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:11 pm
davoodice2 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:44 pm
synthsin75 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:08 pm Pretty easy scripting mod to do yourself.
Well, if you don't want to take advantage of this very helpful community, that's your choice.
No. don't wrong. now I'm very busy. When I have a little more free time. I will definitely learn it. Of course with your help.
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

Daxel wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:15 am ... one thing that the Select Bone tool doesn't have and could be requested is the remove from selection feature. With Select Points, holding ALT you can remove from selection, but with Select Bones ALT doesn't do anything.
With the Select Bone tool you can use Ctrl+click to Toggle (add/remove) a Bones' selection.
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

SimplSam wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:46 am With the Select Bone tool you can use Ctrl+click to Toggle (add/remove) a Bones' selection.
Oh that's true. I don't know if there is a reason for this but Select Bone tool and Select points tool are very inconsistent. If you get used to use ctrl to add/remove from selection with Select Bone, you will try to do it with Select Point tool and it won't work, there you have to use Shift. And if you want to remove a group from selection with Alt like you do with Select Point tool, you can't do that with Select Bone, you have to use Ctrl but also you can't deselect a group you have to go one by one.
davoodice2

Post by davoodice2 »

Daxel wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:15 am

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=34386
davoodice2

Post by davoodice2 »