Initial mouse click does nothing with certain tools

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Hoptoad

Initial mouse click does nothing with certain tools

Post by Hoptoad »

The initial mouse click does nothing to points when using the Select Points tool under certain circumstances.

I'm using Moho 13.5 on Mac with a M1 chip.

The test for this bug was easy to do. I created two vector layers: a vector layer with a Star shape in it, and a vector layer with a Triangle shape in it.

When I went to an already created vector layer with a shape, the layer is selected as expected (I see the points of the shape), but the Select Points Tool does not work on the first click. The tool does not draw a box to select points; it does nothing. I have to click a second time for it to work. After that, the tool works every time as expected, as long as I remain in the same layer.

But when I leave the vector layer and go a different vector layer, once again the tool will not select any points on the initial click. Not even if I click directly on a point.

The Transform Points Tool is also not working on the first click immediately after I select a vector layer.

For example, I selected the Transform Points Tool, then I selected the layer with the Star shape. None of the points were red/selected. I clicked in the center of the shape with the Transform Points Tool and no points turned red. Nothing happened.

I then select the layer with the Triangle. All the points are already red from earlier. I click and drag to move the points, but nothing happens. I click a second time and move the points.
Daxel

Re: Initial mouse click does nothing with certain tools

Post by Daxel »

Hoptoad wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:17 pm The initial mouse click does nothing to points when using the Select Points tool under certain circumstances.
Yep it's happening here too. I am right clicking frecuently to "wake up" Moho without worrying about having done something I didn't want to.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

I've add this info, with a link to this thread, to the bug report I made about it happening in dialogs. Seems like the same issue.

And yeah, it does seem like I've gotten more use to right-clicking before doing stuff.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I think maybe possibly, this is a "focus" issue I've seen for many versions. What happens is even though you click the tool or select a layer the focus for that window or layer is not "set". Clicking the first time does nothing because that sets focus on the layer. I have had this issue with tool shortcuts because the window doesn't have focus.

However this maybe a different unrelated issue, but it sounds very similar.

Edit: This was a long long time ago but I think maybe possibly I actually reported this on the old bug system when I was a beta tester.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Window focus was what I thought it was too.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I am going to be blunt here. Despite my love of Moho and being able to workaround nearly any issue, the focus issue has been an annoyance to me for years. I constantly have to stop, move the mouse, and click somewhere away from my attention just so key shortcuts or menu commands work as expected. It has annoyed the bejesus out of me for ages.

I was told that there wasn't really anything that could be done to fix it so I've ignored it as much as possible.