attach playback controls to timeline window

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

davoodice2

attach playback controls to timeline window

Post by davoodice2 »

when i undock time line and move that to other monitor playback control still remain in first monitor. :D
خیام اگر ز باده مستی خوش باش
با ماهرخی اگر نشستی خوش باش
چون عاقبت کار جهان نیستی است
انگار که نیستی چو هستی خوش باش
chucky

Re: attach playback controls to timeline window

Post by chucky »

Good suggestion Davood.
Maybe the play bar could be its own entity and be snapped and moved wherever needed.
davoodice2

Post by davoodice2 »

chucky wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 1:43 am Good suggestion Davood.
Maybe the play bar could be its own entity and be snapped and moved wherever needed.
yes most important areas could be a undockable.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

In general, I'd like to see Moho adopt more modern docking methods. Many programs nowadays allow you to undock almost anything and dock items together. In this case, .for example, we should be able to move the Playback controls from the workspace to the timeline if desired. Maybe even have the controls in both places so they can be operated on different screens.

I know that requires a major and non-trivial overhaul for Moho's UI but it's something that I think needs to happen sometime in the new few years.

Just thinking out loud. I'm sure the Moho dev team thinks about this too.
davoodice2

Post by davoodice2 »

Greenlaw wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:07 pm In general, I'd like to see Moho adopt more modern docking methods. Many programs nowadays allow you to undock almost anything and dock items together. In this case, .for example, we should be able to move the Playback controls from the workspace to the timeline if desired. Maybe even have the controls in both places so they can be operated on different screens.

I know that requires a major and non-trivial overhaul for Moho's UI but it's something that I think needs to happen sometime in the new few years.

Just thinking out loud. I'm sure the Moho dev team thinks about this too.
I remember maya interface until version 10 was like windows 98. after that Autodesk changed entire user interface to modern . but about moho I still prefer developers increase moho performance. it has low performance now.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Yeah, I was thinking of Maya specifically. For me, the 'downside' with Maya's UI is that I'm constantly undocking and docking unrelated panels together by accident...it's so sensitive to quick mouse/stylus movements and sometimes this drives me nuts! I know I can prevent this annoying behavior in Maya by locking a workspace, but I don't bother because I often intentionally change the workspace too. At least, it's very flexible this way.

I'm just mentioning this in case the Moho devs are watching this thread and thinking of following their approach. :P