favourite selection window

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

davoodice2

favourite selection window

Post by davoodice2 »

its very good if we have a floating window that contain favourite selections so we can select those immediatly without changing tool.
any body can migrate ("selection layer buttons" script) to a floating window?
خیام اگر ز باده مستی خوش باش
با ماهرخی اگر نشستی خوش باش
چون عاقبت کار جهان نیستی است
انگار که نیستی چو هستی خوش باش
synthsin75

Re: favourite selection window

Post by synthsin75 »

Do you mean this: http://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtop ... 53#p192753
As a floating window, it couldn't be open all the time (due to how floating windows access the API). You'd likely have to open it, make your selection, and then close it for the selection to be made.

If you want something that is always visible, you might try: http://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtop ... 12&t=32641
But you still have to select the tool to used the buttons.
davoodice2

Post by davoodice2 »

synthsin75 wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:56 pm Do you mean this: http://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtop ... 53#p192753
As a floating window, it couldn't be open all the time (due to how floating windows access the API). You'd likely have to open it, make your selection, and then close it for the selection to be made.

If you want something that is always visible, you might try: http://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtop ... 12&t=32641
But you still have to select the tool to used the buttons.
ah .another disappointment.
anyway thank you for your info.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

Just in case you don't know, you can hold a shortcut key to use its assigned tool and when you release the key you go back to the tool you had before automatically. It's not like having the windows always there but it's a point in between I guess.
davoodice2

Post by davoodice2 »

Daxel wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:14 pm Just in case you don't know, you can hold a shortcut key to use its assigned tool and when you release the key you go back to the tool you had before automatically. It's not like having the windows always there but it's a point in between I guess.
I am interested!. how to do it?
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

davoodice2 wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:25 pm
Daxel wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:14 pm Just in case you don't know, you can hold a shortcut key to use its assigned tool and when you release the key you go back to the tool you had before automatically. It's not like having the windows always there but it's a point in between I guess.
Just holding any tool key you can use that tool while having that key pressed and releasing the key tells moho to come back to the tool you were using before. So for example imagine you are drawing with the freehand tool, and you want to use Stan's tool script, that you have binded to the F key: you can hold F select the layer you want in Stan's panel and releasing the F will bring you back to the freehand tool so you can keep drawing quicker.
davoodice2

Post by davoodice2 »

Daxel wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:17 am
davoodice2 wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:25 pm
Just holding any tool key you can use that tool while having that key pressed and releasing the key tells moho to come back to the tool you were using before. So for example imagine you are drawing with the freehand tool, and you want to use Stan's tool script, that you have binded to the F key: you can hold F select the layer you want in Stan's panel and releasing the F will bring you back to the freehand tool so you can keep drawing quicker.
Thanks a lot. I was not aware of this great feature until now
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

davoodice2 wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:34 am
Thanks a lot. I was not aware of this great feature until now
You're welcome. Currently holding a tool like that produces some lag but, while we wait for an official fix, you can get rid of the lag using this fix that synthsin75 was so generous to share with us:
https://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewto ... 81#p168081