reset pos when freeze keys

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

davoodice2

reset pos when freeze keys

Post by davoodice2 »

Hi.
when a rigged character layer started from a frame after 0 , every time freeze keys or reset a bone it jump to default pos.

here is video link

https://www.mediafire.com/file/e4ts7e8z ... 7.mp4/file
خیام اگر ز باده مستی خوش باش
با ماهرخی اگر نشستی خوش باش
چون عاقبت کار جهان نیستی است
انگار که نیستی چو هستی خوش باش
Greenlaw

Re: reset pos when freeze keys

Post by Greenlaw »

I saw your video, and yes, that is very strange, but I'm not able to reproduce this error. (I'm using Moho 13.5.1, Win 10.)

Does this happen consistently in other projects or only in this Project? If it's the latter, I would get in touch with LM and submit the content for review.

I'll continue playing with this for a little longer to see if I can figure out what might case the second Freeze Pose in your Project to behave that way.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Oh, I see: it's that offset that's causing the weird 'reset'. After offsetting my layer, I'm getting a partial reset when using Freeze Pose. I'm not exactly sure why it's doing that, but it's wrong because frame 0 should remain the layer's setup frame even when it's offset like that, and Freeze Pose should always freeze to the current frame's position/rotation.

I guess I haven't noticed this before because I generally avoid offsetting a rig layer directly like that, and when I need to, I usually offset the parent group layer so it doesn't do something weird to the rig. (Like this I guess.)

But I agree, it should not be doing that. I'll take a closer look today and submit a report.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

The video just shows the workspace not updating properly, since as soon as you select another frame the rig does show that the last key was a freeze pose.
You could write a script to ensure the workspace is updated.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Ah, I see what you mean. I've actually run into refresh issues elsewhere in Moho 13.5.1, and it can be frustrating*. Even more so because I'm not able reproduce the errors consistently between Moho sessions--for example, the test I made earlier seems to be working fine now and closing and restarting Moho.

FWIW, I tried recreating my test example in Moho 12.5, and it's okay there. By itself, that's not conclusive of course, but I'm guessing this is a new bug.

I'll see if I can come up a repeatable example and submit that, but since I've seen this elsewhere, I wonder if it's a wider refresh problem?

*Another example is the random issue I described in an earlier post, where Moho doesn't always refresh the workspace when Show Bezier Handles is disabled. This makes it look like the Bezier handles are not selectable and broken, but they're actually hidden. This is another one I didn't catch sooner because I normally keep Show Bezier Handles disabled by default.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Greenlaw wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:06 pm I'll see if I can come up a repeatable example and submit that, but since I've seen this elsewhere, I wonder if it's a wider refresh problem?
Seemed pretty easy to repeat.
1. create a bone layer with a three bone chain
2. move that layer start to frame 20 in the sequencer
3. on frame 30, manipulate the rig and freeze pose
4. on frame 40, manipulate the rig and freeze pose
5. workspace bones will look reset until you change frames

Probably is a more general problem, but repeatable steps might help sort that out.
davoodice2

Post by davoodice2 »

hello friends.
yes this issue is reproduced with any rigged layer that have offset from frame 0.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Moving to another frame instantly solves the problem.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

synthsin75 wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:21 pm Seemed pretty easy to repeat....

Probably is a more general problem, but repeatable steps might help sort that out.
That's similar to what I did but didn't get the same result the second time. I must of missed something the second time--will try again.

Thanks for confirming this, Wes. I was going to add this info to an earlier ticket, but I should start a new one because, I agree, this is probably a more general problem.
davoodice2

Post by davoodice2 »